“Best corned beef hash!!”
Review of JJ's Diner

JJ's Diner
Reviewed May 18, 2019 via mobile

Best corned beef hash my wife has ever had! We came here because of the reviews, and we’re so glad. The people are friendly, service is great and the food is delicious. It’s too bad we don’t live near here or we’d be back, often. I had eggs, bacon (well done) and fruit, standard breakfast fare, I know, and it was all good.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 12, 2019

Came here last Sunday with the family. It does not look like much from the outside but it is well worth it. Got there around 11:30 and it was still crowded. While waiting for a table, the owner came out and chatted with everyone and was very friendly and amusing. After a 15 minute wait, we were seated and had great service. The server was only on her third day and last served food over thirty years ago. We would not have known if she did not tell us. She did a great job. I had the biscuits and gravy and it was probably the best B&G I have ever had. My wife had the chicken and waffles and they were delicious as well. The place is small and it does get loud but if you like breakfast, this is well worth it. We will be back the next time we are in NJ in the AC area.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 28, 2019

First of all we are always on the search for great Biscuits and Gravy. When we arrived we were greeted by the owner who was as pleasant as could be and proudly announced that grandma's receie was the best B&G hands down. We ordered and were not disappointed! Absolutely a good as the service. The staff is proud of the food and recommened we come back for the Chicken and Waffles on Sunday. "but get here early" they said "we sell out quick"!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed December 12, 2018 via mobile

Went to Jersey for a weekend stayed about 10 mins away from JJ's. Small place first day I went was on a Saturday around 11. We were sat immediately. We were a family of 5 2 adults 3 small kids. They had a high chair I was surprised because it's a small place.
However they make their best effort to accommodate the parties that come in.
Saturday we ordered eggs home fries turkey sausage and the french toast with banana and pecans. OMG!!! It was so delicious!!! My husband is not really a dessert person. So he said he would just try it. I look over and his food is gone has a big piece of toast on his plate lol. He really enjoyed it so did the kids.
Sunday! Lol we came back around 12 it was packed. We waited about 10 mins and again they were so nice and put my family and I in a comfortable spot since we had a toddler who needed a high chair. We had the regular breakfast eggs sausage etc. But my husband and I had the chicken and waffle. Man when I tell you not only was it huge but so delicious. I'm not a peanut butter person the sauce had a hint of the flavor. I almost ate the whole thing. Again my husband and who usually doesnt finish his food when we go out did. Everything home made service was quick and everyone was nice.
I read a review about a waitress being rude. I think we had her I noticed she is like that with everyone. She was not disrespectful I do think it's her tone. I dont think she realizes it. If you watch her she is very much into what she is doing. She was very attentive. But that's my opinion.
Anyway, I would soooo come back and told everyone about it when I came back home. Keep whoever is cooking back there because they are doing an awesome job!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

Owner was very friendly. My husband and I loved the food but we both thought it was much too loud in there. We went to this place based on reviews and the food was very good.

The owner should perhaps look into noise absorbing panels or perhaps there is technology for this.

Coffee was delicious too.

Date of visit: November 2018