“"Another great stay"”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
Shavertown, Pennsylvania
“"Another great stay"”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We have stayed at this Quality Inn numerous times and have always had an enjoyable experience. Our most recent stay was in July 2014. The rooms are spacious and clean. For a small upcharge you can upgrade to a room with a jacuzzi. The king size bed was very comfortable, bathroom was large, shower pressue was good, and air conditioning worked fine. The room has a mini refrigerator and coffee maker. There is an outdoor swimming pool on the property and breakfast is included with your stay. Parking is free and safe. The staff works hard to maintain the property and are attentive to your needs. If you need something ask and they will try to accomodate your needs, The manager Jaga is personable and professional and went out of his way to ensure we had an enjoyable stay. As we stated earlier, we have stayed here numerous times and look forward to our next visit, which will be in the near future. Nancy and George

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nancygeorged

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2014

It's not as bad as the title sounds. Just like with other rooms I received this place by booking on hotwire and of course when booking on hotwire you don't know what you're going to get. I checked into the hotel and requested a room with two beds however the reservation through hotwire was for a King and while I was willing to pay the difference, which I never got an actual price, it seemed to confuse the person checking my party in. Long story short I kept the room with the King bed, which was an actual king size bed unlike some places that try to pass queen size beds off as kings. I was traveling with a family member, which is why I was hoping to separate beds however I cannot blame either hotwire or the Quality Inn. I get into the room and it's spacious, which was a pleasant surprise and was also impressed by the hot tub that was in the room. The room was also spotless. We split the comfortable bed into two sections where we would kick each other while sleeping and it worked. I was impressed by the bathtub that was in the bathroom, which I would remodel my bathtub in the same manner if I ever had enough money to do so. Once I was settled in the room I then put on my swim trunks and used the hot tub, which was adequate however I've been inside better ones. I had to call for extra towels on two occasions, which after the second occasion I was able to pick them up at the front desk where they had just come out of the dryer. I think they had forgotten the first time I called. After my return from seeing Danielle Bradbery at Resorts we returned and I did notice two things before going to bed that really wants me to give a rating of 3.5. One was no clock in the room however they do have wakeup calls, which I utilized and the other, which they need to fix right away is no smoke detector in the room. The next morning the wake up call came and I used the shower, which was good however it was difficult to adjust the settings. The free breakfast was very good and then I checked out at 11am. Overall I enjoyed my stay and got value considering I paid $104 including taxes and hotwire fees and I would stay at the Quality Inn again if I couldn't afford the Day Inn nearby.

Room Tip: There is a fee of $10 an hour for late check out however I don't think it's necessary to che...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sean D
Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Decided to take a last minute trip to Atlantic City and could not find a hotel on the boardwalk for a reasonable price. We booked this hotel online before our trip and did not know what to expect. We never stayed in this area which is only 7 miles west of Atlantic City and knew that it could be risky. Atlantic City has vastly improved over the last thirty years but at an extremely slow pace. Some of the areas that surround the city can be depressed and not everyone would feel safe being there. As we drove to the motel from the AC expressway, we say several closed down businesses, many fast food restaurants, pawn shops and liquor stores. There were signs saying that the area was under going an urban revitalization program which is a good thing. The location of this motel was very convenient to major highways and to the casinos and boardwalk, just a short drive away. The check-in process was quick and easy and there was complimentary tea and coffee is you wanted it. We reserved a regular king room but when we got to our room it was a jacuzzi suite (we did not use the jacuzzi). They gave us this upgrade without our even asking. The room was very large, had a fridge and microwave and was clean. The bed was comfortable and except for some traffic noise it was quiet. The people staying at the hotel were a mix of families with young children and babies and couples. There was a free hot breakfast in the morning but only until 9:30 so if you were out late you will probably miss it. They did have scrambled eggs, sausage, make your own waffles and the assortment of cereals, muffins, breads and bagels. If you want to save a few hundred dollars per night and do not mind driving to the beach or boardwalk this place fit the bill. If you do not want to pay to park at the beach and boardwalk, The Revel has free parking.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Due to a mixup with a reservation somewhere else my husband & I decided to stay here since there was no availability anywhere else. I was a little leery because the placed looked somewhat deserted & isolated and I wasn't sure we would be safe. I must admit that our stay was absolutely wonderful. The staff were extremely accommodating and pleasant. The breakfast was ok...not so great but glad we had the option. The rooms are spacious and have huge whirlpool tubs which was the highlight of our stay. Its only 10 minutes away from Atlantic City and close to restaurants and shopping. We will definitely stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Melissa W
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Greater by a very friendly staff, room was clean and the bed was soft. Close to Atlantic City and Brigantine wildlife refuge.the complimentary continental breakfast along with what I saved on the price of the room more than paid for the Casino buffet we enjoyed later in the afternoon.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank robert t
Lincoln Park, NJ
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Motel was recently upgraded.............newly painted, terrific rooms. Check in was vey quick and easy. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and friendly. The room was huge(two queen beds) and very clean. Very good price. Great parking. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pete R
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We chose to stay here on a Saturday night rather than spend a lot of money for a room in Atlantic City. This hotel didn't look great from the outside, but the room we had was spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable and the jacuzzi bath tub was a nice bonus! We also had a frig and microwave even though we didn't need it. The breakfast was what you expect for a Quality Inn. I would stay here again if I come back to Atlantic City.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kh21804
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airp...
#3 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
Best Western Garden State Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township

Been to Quality Inn Pleasantville? Share your experiences!