“Better than what I expected”

Quality Inn Pleasantville
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Quality was much better than what I expected according to the other reviews. Levels better than previous bed bugged hotel. Guy at front desk was very awake and attentive at 3AM. Hindu and Buddhist faith books in drawers but NO Bible. When I asked for one (only seemed fair) the guy looked at me as if I had 2 heads. Whats with Reluctantly, he found me one.
Non-smoking room was large but had a smell to it. Clean and comfortable. Free breakfast was good but ended too early (until 9:30). Staff hardworking and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013
QualityInnHotel, Manager at Quality Inn Pleasantville, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

For Booking 609-641-4200 upto 20% Discount

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Pleasantville

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Family road trip landed us here arriving around 11 PM. Walked into a room that smelled like cigarettes even though it clearly says no smoking on the door. Dealt with it because we were all so exhausted from a 10+ hour drive and all fell asleep immediately.

Woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. Toilet wouldn't flush, no water in tank, so I had to turn the main water valve on to make it work. Not the end of the world so went back to sleep.

Loud outside with people outside screaming in parking lot, so woke up again. Decided to turn AC on to drown out the sound. The thermostat was physically broken and couldn't adjust temperature. Groan.... Decided it is what it is. Everyone needed to sleep. Then went in bathroom. Water everywhere... GRRRR! Shut the water off and tossed the towels down on the floor. Thankfully not waking the kids because its about 3 AM at this point.

Exhausted so laid back down. Wife woke up around 7, I brought her up to speed. She was upset and concerned about health safety. I went to office and spoke with the night manager and all I got was an attitude, like I did something wrong. I couldn't even comprehend why he would be so venomous when I was being so polite. Heck all I wanted was some sympathy. Made it crystal clear I had no intention of a refund since we in fact slept in the room.

Completely unacceptable. Stay somewhere else. I have pictures of the grossness in the room. Would be glad to share them to anyone who would like them. Bubbling paint, mold, water damage, broken thermostat and much more. GROSS GROSS GROSS

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and stay somewhere else. Gross here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The service was excellent! We've traveled from NC to NY and had to spend a night in various hotels and thus far, after 4 hotel stays, quality inn has been the best! Best because the service is great. For instance, when arrived for breakfast 5mins before closing, the manager asked if I wanted scrambled eggs because they were running out and he made a new batch for me. The rooms are super clean, bathtubs were spotless and the jacuzzi tubs were amazing for a romantic night in! Everything from breakfast food, service, cleanliness of the hotel, and the safe environment around the hotel itself were 5stars! Believe me, I'm usually hard to please, but Quality Inn has exceeded my expectations! Their hotel should be ranked amongst 5 stars hotels like Hilton, Marriott, Conrad, etc and Quality Inn would still be the best!

• Stayed: August 2013
QualityInnHotel, Manager at Quality Inn Pleasantville, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for making our hotel your home away from home! I just wanted to reach out and let you know how much
we appreciate your loyalty to Quality Inn Pleasantville NJ location. We are always looking for more ways to enhance
your experience with us and would love to here your feedback !!

If your stay was less then perfect, please email me directly and I would love the opportunity to address your concerns
personally . You may receive a survey via email and we would appreciate the feedback

For Booking 609-641-4200 upto 20% Discount

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel is lacking in both amenities and service. The front desk clerks were not pleasant on the phone when checking the reservation nor at check in. The pool was not inviting as the bottom was partially covered with leaves. The molded plastic lounge and straight chairs at the pool area had no cushions, nor were there any umbrella tables to provide shade or give one a place to place food or drink. The breakfast area had 3 small tables providing seating for maximum 12 people. The breakfast hours were very limited, 6:30 - 9:30. The single guest computer in the breakfast area was so high that it was impossible to sit ( also no chair was provided) while working at the computer. As for the room, there was no easy chair, only one lamp ( so half the room was dark) , and not as much as a pad or pen near the phone. Also no tissues in the room other than at a cutout in the sink. The volume on our TV did not work, and the fan (which was connected to the light) in the bathroom was so loud that it was deafening. So in order to get light in the bathroom without going deaf, you had to rely on the light outside the bathroom! Not pleasant. Enough said.

Room Tip: There are none as they all face the parking lot. Only outside access to the rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I like this hotel its clean real big rooms .The hotel staff are wonderful easy to talk,if u need extra towel, or help with anything, the staff is right there.Location is great,easy access to AC,shopping nearby,Restaurant.The location is perfect.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank lionhearth
QualityInnHotel, Manager at Quality Inn Pleasantville, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

For Booking 609-641-4200 upto 15% Discount

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Last minute getaway for the night and stumbled across this gem of a hotel just minutes from AC. Price was right and actually even better than expected. Room was sparkling with pride, King bed, hot tub and a VERY clean shower (most important)! Check in was simple, check out was even easier. Quiet neighborhood close to TGIF, Carraba's and Outback Steakhouse. AC was a simple 10 minute drive down Rt 40 South and with mimimal traffic!!! The front desk staff were extremely pleasant and super helpful. Free breakfast was eh, not so good but the hotel's other features made up for it. We will be staying at this hotel each and every time we visit the casino strip and infamous boardwalk. See you soon, Quality Inn!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kalai H
QualityInnHotel, Manager at Quality Inn Pleasantville, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

For Booking 609-641-4200

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I went to AC during the Memorial Day weekend and thought all hotels would be booked- I was wrong. Found this hotel for a decent price and I don't regret it not one bit. My stay was comfortable; the staff was super nice and took really good care of us. The hotel is really close to the casino area which was even better. Oh, and to top it off there was a Jacuzzi in the room, some of the resort hotels don't even have Jacuzzi’s. This is my new spot for when I visit AC again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Lisa G
QualityInnHotel, Manager at Quality Inn Pleasantville, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Lisa,

For Booking 609-641-4200

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Quality Inn Pleasantville? Share your experiences!