“Comfortable Stay Close to A.C.”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
Wilmington, Delaware
“Comfortable Stay Close to A.C.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

My wife and I decided to go to Atlantic City for her birthday. We found this Best Western Plus online and decided to make a reservation due to Best Western's good track record.

The hotel was very easy to find, right on 322/40 East. We came from Wilmington, DE and took 40E the whole way there. When we walked in, the hotel was very inviting and looked professional. The front desk agent was very cordial and professional.

We were surprised that our room was outside entry rather than inside the main building. Outside entry rooms usually remind me of motels or lower end hotels. However, the room was very nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable- I fell asleep very easily. The bathroom had a large whirlpool tub/shower that was relaxing. The room featured a kitchen with a microwave, stove, dishwasher, and (almost full size) refrigerator. The TV was in a console that spun around so it could be watched from the couch/dining table area of the room or the bed. The tv was one of the old box models but it worked fine. We had no complaints with the room other than a few small issues with the bathroom (the tub stop didn't seal completely and the exhaust vent was not working). We were able to get a Wi-Fi connection but used our 3G connection instead.

The pool is somewhat small but it is heated. It would be hard to go from one of the outside-entry rooms to the pool and back in the winter. There was also a fitness room and an amazing steam room juxtaposed to the pool room. The website advertises for a jacuzzi but it was covered when we were there.

The breakfast in the morning featured eggs, bacon, waffles, cereals, juices, coffee, fruit, and pastries. It was well stocked and watched. The front desk also has certain frozen and cold items available for sale throughout the day.

The directory in the room seemed dated and out of order. We had difficulty finding a local grocery store (other than the "Asian Food Market" across the street). The directory listed a Pathmark which was somewhere in downtown A.C. but we found the Genaurdi's off of 322 in Egg Harbor Township. Other reviewers mentioned a shuttle to downtown A.C. but we found no evidence that the hotel still does this service.

We went to the Tropicana and the Boardwalk when we took the short drive to A.C. and were not impressed. It was not at all what we expected. In our mind, we thought A.C. would be like Ocean City, MD with Casinos but it was more like downtown Baltimore. Traffic was bad, even for a Wednesday. But this review is for the hotel with which we were happy.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank manchester88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

This hotel is located a few miles from the Boardwalk casinos, but offers a shuttle service if needed. very quiet, except for some noisy patrons that came in at 11:30 slamming doors and talking loudly. Otherwise quiet. My husband and I were very happy with the large room and great free breakfast. Also has a small kitchen and sitting area in the room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank maegeegee
Bronx, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night in March 2012. We had a room with the jacuzzi bath, it also had a kitchen. I really liked the room but the location wasn't ideal. its pretty far from Atlantic City but close to a mall and lots of restaurants. I wouldn't choose to stay here again just because of the location but it was a nice room, no complaints.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anna V
Chicopee,Ma.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Yes, I believe this hotel is a good price for their amentities, free wi-fi, large clean rooms with refrig. etc. but the drawback for me, was that it was a little outdated, the overall room was in need of some upkeep especially in the bathroom area, which had a very old jacuzzi tub. The television was old also. The room was comfortable and the bed was also. We could park right in front of our door which was a plus. As for the shuttle they say that goes to the casinos, well we asked twice and they seemed as though it was an inconvience to go over to them so we never asked again and drove to the downtown area ourselves. Also, I had 2 gift cards and when I went to use them at checkout the staff did not know how to apply them. They had to leave for manager to do at another time as this was a Sunday and he was not on premise. It was applied at a later date. All in all it was an average stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank paulabc2
Hamilton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

I've been here twice now. It's a great value for what you're getting. Less than you would pay at the casino with much better amenities offered. If you're just going to party in ac and don't plan on spending any time in your room- then maybe this isn't for you. If you're looking for a couple getaway and want to spend time with your significant other- this is the place to be! Sign up online and save even more money.

The first time I stayed in a 2 queen size bed room. The room was really clean and the beds were comfortable. I didn't utilize the kitchen this time around. I pretty much only slept in the room. I slept on the sofa bed which was not very comfortable. The room was spacious enough for 7 people.

The second time my boyfriend and I got a queen suite. We stayed monday-wednesday so it was pleasantly quite around the hotel. We got a room with a jacuzzi. The jets weren't positioned in great areas and I'll probably just opt for the king suite next time as you do opt for less spacious room by getting the jacuzzi. It was nice however that these rooms were located outside- very private. The bed wasn't quite as comfortable as the last room, but nothing terrible- I still slept just fine.The room was clean and we were given plenty of towels. I tend to bring my own towels and blankets because I'm paranoid, but everything appeared to be clean. There was a tv which offered many channels- including HBO. Dvd player provided as well. Free internet service too! I loved having the kitchen as we made almost all of our meals there. My only complaint is the counter space is almost non-existent in the queen suites. Dishwasher, stove, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, and a small selection of pots and silverware were provided. If you want to make real meals- i'd bring any supplies you plan on needing just in case. If we hadn't brought our own pots it would have been impossible to cook the crab legs we brought. We had a do not disturb sign up the whole time and the cleaning crew respected our wishes. The manager was the only person we dealt with and he was very nice and professional.

Your only about 15 minutes from AC, about 5 miles.There's even a kmart right across the street if you forgot anything. There's also a shop rite in the area. KFC and Popeye's are less than 5 mins away too. Complimentary breakfast was provided but it was a little too early for me so I couldn't tell you how it was. This will be the only place I stay when visiting AC.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a private couple experience- go for the queen suite! Looking for space- ch...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nicolesamantha
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

This is a very clean, pleasant hotel about 20-30 minutes outside Atlantic City. I have always stayed in Atlantic City, but a Saturday night stay is extremely expensive. This was a reasonable price for a Saturday and turned out to be a good find. The room was clean, the front desk check in was extremely customer focused. The indoor pool was great,just too many kids screaming for me. The morning breakfast was excellent. Would definitely stay again and would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

My girl and I decided it was time for a getaway weekend so we hit it up to AC to party. We booked a jacuzzi suite (Queen sized because the jacuzzi suites dont have King beds) smoking room. Well when we arrived and checked in Miguel was very cool. He made sure that I got my members points, explained to me about the breakfast in the morning, etc. The last thing he said to me was, "Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you".

Well I never thought that I would be speaking with Miguel again until I departed but that wasnt the case. As I was getting our bags out of the car, my girl was gone into the room. When I came in the PARTY HAD ALREADY STARTED!!!! I was knocked to the ground by the smell of (I thought it was weed) smoke. My girlfriend franticly screamed "somebody had been laying in this bed!!! I looked over in the kitchen and there were dirty dishes in the sink. She then went to check the bathroom and then I heard "OH HELL NO!!!!!! CALL THE FRONT DESK AND TELL THEM THIS AINT GONE WORK!!!!! When I looked into the bathroom, there was a tea cup with ashes and a tea bag in it. There was urine in the toilet and the jacuzzi had a ring around it that looked like someone stuck their car tire in the water and was trying to find a leak.
At this point my girl was pissed!!! I talk to Miguel at the front desk, explained the situation and he gave us another suite. The suite was OK (Not top of the line but well worth the money). Everything else was cool. The only complaint in the new suite was that the bed was hard. OH YEAH! I forgot to mention, be back to your room before 8pm because there is a BINGO hall that shares the parking lot and you may be parked on the other side of the hotel because that lot WILL FILL UP!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bryan m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Bally's Atlantic City
Bally's Atlantic City
#6 of 50 in Atlantic City
3.5 of 5 bubbles 7,664 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites? Share your experiences!