“Service above and beyond”

Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Plainsboro
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel (a former Wyndham property) last May and Hotwire assigned me there again in early October. This visit was even better than the last owing to their very helpful service. I was also offered two bottles of water as a Priority Club member even though I hadn't booked through their site.

That morning, I'd found myself waiting for a diverted flight at the Kansas City airport which was going to result in a misconnect in Dallas for my onward Baltimore flight. I called the Holiday Inn Express to alert them to what would now be my very late arrival. Moreover, I asked about a mini fridge being placed in my room to chill insulin since I knew I'd arrive well past the normal hours of service by maintenance staff. MARGARET, the person with whom I spoke, took care of everything perfectly for me. I arrived at 12:30 AM, was greeted warmly, and assigned an ADA room (even though I hadn't requested it) much closer to the lobby than on my previous visit. And when I arrived in my room, there was the mini fridge quietly humming and already cold. And thank the Lord for bedside lamps with sockets in their bases. Those are perfect for plugging in my C-Pap machine.

IMG has done a masterful job rehabbing this property. My spacious room with its serene, pastoral view, had 3 walls in a calming sage color while the entire 4th interior wall separating the bathroom was a dazzling print of a silhouetted array of white flowers on a (some shade of) red background with that pattern reflected in the one piece of art work in the room with the same flower silhouetted flowers but in green on a white background.

While situated in an office park (pharmaceuticals plus the Princeton Regional Med Center), this hotel is an oasis of calm and serenity only 10 minutes from Princeton itself. There's easy access to all kinds of restaurants along busy U.S. 1 as well as the nearby Plainsboro Plaza.

Room Tip: Ask for a room relatively near the lobby or elevators. My previous visit's room was a schlep vi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
David F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

<p>Dear Jim H,</p>
Thank you for the beaming review. We certainly enjoyed hosting you on your return trip to the Princeton area. We know how stressful traveling can be, especially with flight delays, so we pride ourselves in providing a stress-free, relaxing atmosphere for our guests. From our modern, fresh décor to our Signature Shower Experience, to our Express Start Breakfast, we strive to give you everything you need for complete relaxation. We are certainly glad to have provided you with the elements necessary for you to continue with your healthcare routine while traveling, without a hiccup. Each of our employees takes great pride in serving our guests, and it’s such a pleasure to hear that you found Margaret to be helpful and friendly. We look forward to serving you on your next trip to Princeton!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel is a little off the main road, which is an advantage. It is quieter than the many other hotels in Princeton, yet it is close to the town of Princeton. Staff members were friendly, accommodations were clean and comfortable, and the fitness center (shared with another hotel) was the best hotel fitness center I've used.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbaranoho
David F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Barbaranoho,
<br>
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Princeton SE. We must agree with you, our location is an ideal combination of wooded serenity and convenient access to all that Princeton has to offer. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed our modern, fresh guest rooms and vast amenities, such as our extensive fitness center. We invite you to return to enjoy Flight, our newly-launched wine and martini bar serving smart cocktails and bar menu items prepared by executive chef CJ Chambers, featuring an eclectic center of the plate cuisine. It would be our pleasure to accommodate you on all of your future trips to the Princeton area.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel is very modern, beautiful lobby and rooms! the location is very woodsy which I loved. Has a walking path, but due to our short visit we didn't get to enjoy the outside. The gym has everything you need for a great workout! I loved it, it was very spacious not at all what I was expecting. The breakfast area was very warm and inviting, the breakfast itself was good, loved the pancake machine.
The room was very big and very well designed with lots of space. You also had a good selection of movies that are free. It was more than I expected the hotel to be.

It has a great Mexican restaurant just down the road from there along with other restaurant selections. Would definately go again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
David F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear newyoricancharm,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Princeton. It was an absolute joy to read your review. We were recently honored to have received the IHG 2013 Renovation Award for our hotel’s modernization, so it’s a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our fresh, contemporary guest rooms and extensive amenities. We know that our guests want to relax and be themselves while they travel, so we are determined to provide every amenity necessary for just that. From our extensive fitness center, to our complimentary Express Start Breakfast, to our in-room movies, we strive daily to provide our guests with everything they need for a relaxing stay in Princeton. Again, thank you for providing us with valuable feedback. If you should require accommodations the Princeton area in the future, we would treasure the opportunity to serve you once more.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was not so impressed with this hotel. The first room they have me, the pillows cases were not changed and it had bad smell. I called front desk and they immediately changed me to another room. I spotted hair in the shower, the desk and end tables still had some dust. I was not impressed with their breakfast. Their breakfast was very simple, scramble egg with sausage patty and potatoes. The food wasn't tasty. However, the hotel is located in a very nice and quite location. The holiday inn and Crown Plaza buildings used to be Merryl Lynch. It's huge. Outside the cafeteria the premises have a beautiful trail with large trees and a nice pond. You can take a peaceful walk around the woods.

• Stayed: August 2013
David F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear rjsyouens,
We would like to thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Princeton SE. As we continually strive to perfect the guest experience, constructive feedback, such as yours, is incredibly valuable to us. It troubles us to hear that the condition of your guest room was less than satisfactory. We know that cleanliness is of utmost importance to our guests. Please know that steps will be taken to address this issue. Our room attendants and inspectors will be retrained to look for and correct the problems that you experienced in your first room. With that said, we’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed the setting and scenery surrounding our hotel, and hope that you had the opportunity to enjoy some of the wonderful amenities that our property has to offer, such as the extensive fitness center and indoor pool. When your travels bring you back to Princeton, we would love the opportunity to serve you once again.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in July for a Family Reunion. The location was ideal...close to Princeton. The room was spacious, comfortable and very clean. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. My children enjoyed the indoor pool. The gym had plenty of exercise machines to squeeze in a good workout. I give the Holiday Inn Express 5 stars.

3  Thank Julie P
David F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Julie P,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re so pleased that you and your family had the opportunity to enjoy the many amenities that the Holiday Inn Express Princeton SE has to offer. From our spacious guest rooms to our Complimentary Express Start Breakfast to our Olympic-sized indoor pool, we think our hotel is a great spot to meet up with loved ones to reminisce and relax, and we’re glad you agree. It was such a pleasure hosting your family, and if you should ever need accommodations in the Princeton area again, we look forward to serving you once more.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We just celebrated our second family reunion in the Princeton area at our cousin's house. Those of us who were out- of-towners stayed at the Holiday Inn for a very reasonable price. The facility was fine, nice rooms, great hot tub with late hours and a breakfast. The staff was also very helpful but the best part was that the next morning we all gathered, including those who live in the area, on the patio and had a good-bye time. It was a welcoming place for us to spend some time before leaving and there was no interference of any kind from the staff. Also, it was in a great area to walk around outside, around the pond with the fountain. It was a little difficult for us to find out way there at night but we made it. We will be back.

2  Thank Gary R
David F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Gary R,
Thank you taking a moment to provide us with some thoughtful feedback of your recent family reunion. It’s wonderful to hear that we provided everything you needed to reconnect and reminisce with your loved ones, and it sounds like you made great use of our indoor pool and free Express Start Breakfast. It was such a pleasure to host your family, and we look forward to welcoming you once more.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our family met for a family reunion in New Jersey, and we all stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. The room was clean and spacious. The front desk was helpful about directions, and the breakfast was ample. We especially enjoyed the location of the breakfast, since we could also congregate outside. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: only negative, bar and restaurant closed early on Sat night. (by 10:00)
3  Thank eileen g

Dear eileen g,

It’s such a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while reuniting with your family members in New Jersey. With our spacious guest rooms, free Express Start Breakfast, and beautiful scenery, we think our hotel is a great place to make some family memories, and we’re pleased to hear that you agree. We look forward to welcoming you on your return trips to the Princeton area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainsboro
Hampton Inn Princeton
#3 of 15 in Princeton
Holiday Inn Princeton
Holiday Inn Princeton
#12 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast? Share your experiences!