“Wow, way past expectations.”

Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Plainsboro
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Through Hotwire got this hotel for just over 70 dollars for daughter's softball tournament. It is very impressive, modern, front desk staff upgraded me to a 2 bed room and the breakfast is free and pretty good. Plus hotel was quiet. Nothing within walking distance but plenty within a mile or two. Oh, very clean too!

2  Thank trav3llers
David F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear trav3llers,

We very much enjoyed hosting your family for your daughter’s recent softball tournament in the Princeton area. It’s such a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We know that a comfortable room and a hot breakfast are important for on-the-go families like yours, so it’s no wonder you enjoyed our spacious, recently renovated guest rooms and our complimentary Express Start Breakfast. When your travels bring you and your family back to Princeton, we’d treasure the opportunity to serve you once more.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I spent only one night with my family before going to Six flags park. We arrived after midnight and were very warm welcomed by Joe Ocana at the front desk. My membership Platinum status was recognized at arrival. The staff is helpful and willing to help. Breakfast is standard Holiday Inn Express, not the best but good enough to start a day. Some fruits besides banana would be appreciated. The rooms are big and the hotel environment is really nice. There is also an laundromat which is helpful in long leisure trips with the family. Unfortunately we realized that too late to use it. In general good experience.

4  Thank HIHC
David F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear HIHC,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Princeton SE. As an IHG Rewards Platinum member, your feedback is of utmost importance to us. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and others. We’re pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. This is something that, as a team, we are always striving for. Please know that because of your suggestion, we will now be offering our guests more fresh fruit options at our Express Start Breakfast each morning. It’s certainly a great idea, and we’ll be implementing this soon. We invite you to visit us again and enjoy our newly opened indoor pool, fitness center, restaurant, and lounge in our sister hotel, The Crowne Plaza Princeton. We look forward to welcoming you on your return trips to the Princeton area.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife, our two-year old, and I really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The room was surprisingly spacious and appeared to be have been remodeled recently. The grounds were well maintained, the free breakfast buffet and free cookies at the front desk were solid, and we all slept well in the comfortable bed. We will definitely look to stay here again if our travels take us to the Princeton area.

1  Thank Douglas J

</P>Dear Doug J,</P>
<P> It’s such a pleasure to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Princeton SE. We take great pride in providing our guests with an atmosphere in which they can relax and be themselves as they explore the Princeton area. When your travels bring you back to Princeton, we invite you to visit us again to enjoy our newly opened fitness center, full-service restaurant, and lounge. In addition, your two-year-old will be certain to enjoy our Olympic-size heated indoor pool! We look forward to welcoming you back to Princeton in the future.<P>

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed there is past weekend. Hotel is very clean, updated rooms, staff very friendly, nice complimentary bfast. Although located near main roads, this hotel is tucked off in a wooded area which really makes it nice and quite. Will definitely make this my hotel of choice next time in the area. Not your basic generic bland Holiday Express!

1  Thank Jvs5263
David F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Jvs5263,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Princeton SE. Your feedback is a great testament to our team’s dedication to the guest experience. From our fresh rooms to our hot, complimentary breakfast, we strive daily to provide our guests with a wonderful stay in Princeton. We’re so pleased to hear that you will be visiting us again, as we would treasure the opportunity to serve you once more.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Overall good to very good. Rooms were modern and clean. Internet worked well. Pillows were even labeled firm and soft (I liked that). Breakfast was not great, but certainly adequate. The area around the hotel was almost forested, with a lake and a nice dirt road/trail around the property. Only one problem noticed: the main hotel bathroom ran out of TP - couldn't even 'spare a square.'

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
David F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Jason S.,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Please know that your feedback is very much appreciated! We’re pleased to hear that your stay was quiet, clean, and comfortable. As a team, we strive to provide our guests with an atmosphere in which they can relax and be themselves. It’s wonderful to hear that we’ve succeeded in our goal. We invite you to return later this summer as our sister hotel, The Crowne Plaza Princeton, will open its doors. Our guests will have access to a variety of new amenities, such as an extensive fitness center, indoor pool, and restaurant. We’re certainly excited about all these changes and would love to share them with you, should you require accommodations in the Princeton area again.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The last time I stayed here, it was a Wyndham property. Its transition to a Holiday Inn Express represents a most welcome change. The staff is friendlier, the lobby seems to have been spiffed up a bit in a quasi-Asian theme (large bamboo shafts installed like organ pipes, more furniture, etc.), and my room was a total winner. I was on the ground floor (sometimes called "Garden Level," but more prosaically "the basement") with a view onto a lovely, tranquil, wooded area threaded with trails and ponds that murmured "serenity." The king bed was comfortable (though I get tired of "de-pillowing" nightly at many hostelries) and the commodious bathroom featured a huge walk-in shower with solid sliding glass doors (the bane, I dare say, of long-suffering housekeeping staff). Lighting was terrific and wall sockets easily accessible. When I checked in, I asked about the availability of a mini-fridge for chilling insulin. The desk clerk said he'd have to check with the engineering dept., fearing they only had one or two, and that there would be a $10/day fee. The mini-fridge arrived mere minutes after I'd entered the room, was plugged in exactly where I'd asked it to be placed, and upon check-out, I happily discovered there had been no charge for it on my bill. My only caveat about the room was the wall-mounting of the TV. It was totally stationary, so one had to look at it at an angle from the easy chair. Hello, hotel designers: not everyone likes to watch TV from a bed!

That the room was so pleasant compensated for the building itself. It sits in an upscale office park with several major drug companies and a hospital close by. Architecturally, it's of the brutalist concrete school and one is reminded of a covert CIA outpost or some kind of medical clinic in which human organs are harvested and sold to the highest bidder. I felt like I was in the middle of a Robin Cook thriller. The lay-out was probably a triumph for the architect but can be dizzying for a guest. The corridor leading to my room zig-zaged like a rabbit warren. Upon looking at the fire escape schematic on the back of my room door, it appeared to resemble a "v" attached to a "w." Creepier yet, I hardly saw ANYONE during my 4-night stay. Prior to the arrival of an Indian family for what might have been a wedding celebration on my last night, I don't think I ever saw more than a dozen people TOPS. There were two people the one morning I partook of the "don't bother" breakfast that came with the room rate. This didn't scare or annoy me. I just found it odd and wonder if a single female traveler might find it more unsettling than I did.

Princeton is easily accessible from this property using Rt. 1 and Harrison Street. Cross the railroad bridge in the opposite direction and you'll find the Lotus Garden Chinese restaurant, Romeo's Italian restaurant, a tastefully understated McDonald's (part of a strip mall and no golden arches), a Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin-Robbins, and the Plainsboro Post Office.

Room Tip: Some rooms may require a hefty trek from the lobby and you might feel the urge to drop breadcrumbs a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim H
David F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear SineNomine69,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a thoughtful and thorough review. We certainly appreciate the feedback! It’s encouraging to hear that you appreciate all of the changes that we've recently made to our property. We’re proud of our hotel, and we’re so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. In addition, we’re pleased to announce that there are even more welcome changes coming soon to the Holiday Inn Express with the opening of our sister hotel, the Crowne Plaza Princeton. The Crowne Plaza, accessible from the Holiday Inn Express via an enclosed walkway, will boast an extensive fitness center and indoor pool as well as a full service restaurant and lounge. All of this and more will be available to our guests in June 2013. As a team, we strive to constantly improve the guest experience, and we invite you to visit us again to enjoy all these new amenities.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel is amazing! I stayed there on two different occasions within two weeks of each other. The staff is very friendly. The rooms appear new and have some of the most modern decorations I have seen for a Holiday Inn. The rooms are so quiet; I felt like I was the only person in the hotel. The workout room is fairly large for a small hotel. The hotel serves excellent complimentary beverages and appetizers one a week. I have not found another hotel in this hotel class that does that. It is located on a small pond and is amazing to walk around and just relax by. Why can't other Holiday Inn's look like and have the services that this hotel has?

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank BMORE_CPA
David F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear BMORE_CPA,

Thank you for the encouraging feedback regarding your two recent stays with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Princeton SE. We strive daily to provide our guests with great rooms and great service, and it’s wonderful to hear that our efforts have translated into a comfortable, relaxing stay for you. If you enjoyed our current fitness center, we can be certain that you will enjoy the extensive fitness center and Olympic-size indoor pool that our guests will have access to when our sister hotel, the Crowne Plaza Princeton, opens this June. In addition to these added amenities, our guests will also enjoy the new restaurant and lounge, all accessible via the indoor walkway spanning our scenic lakeside property. It’s such a pleasure to provide a memorable experience for our guests, and we invite you to visit us again so that you can experience all the exciting, new amenities that we are so proud to offer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainsboro
Crowne Plaza Princeton - Conference Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton
Hyatt Place Princeton
Hyatt Place Princeton
#4 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast? Share your experiences!