“Very,Very Nice”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Plainsboro
upstate NY
“Very,Very Nice”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I'll preface by saying we were in the hotel for total of 9 hours, 11pm to 8am. Having expected a cookie-cutter Holiday Inn Express, we were surprised at it's upscale appearance. Large open lobby and levels with bright , bold, modern decor. The room seemed brand new with up-to date features in the bathroom. Will definitely go back if we need to stay in the area again.

One Downfall, not the hotel's fault: We had a difficult time finding it at night. Google maps and GPS for the hotel address wanted the hotel placed about a quarter mile east of the actual location. That was enough to change the route and have us take a left, instead of a right. After 40 min and two calls to the helpful hotel staff we found it. Suggested route: from US 1 exit onto County Rd 614/Scudders Mill Rd. Follow to second traffic light (Novo Nordisk Way) make right, you will see hotel to the left.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank govin55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New York
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I spent a wonderful weekend here while visiting Princeton last week. The staff were so friendly and accommodating. Check-in is at 3 but I arrived early and they had no problems letting me check in at noon instead. The room was clean and the decor was quite charming. Even though the hotel is situated right by the road, I really appreciated the fact that it's actually nestled around nature so that when you look outside your room window, you have a view of trees - or a river in some cases - rather than a parking lot or highway. They also offer a great complimentary breakfast including: scrambled and hard boiled eggs, bacon, waffles, cinnamon bread, pancakes and etc. The indoor pool is heated, and great especially if visiting during the winter season as I did. Honestly, for the price, I think this Holiday Inn Express really has the best value compared to the other options around the Princeton area. I enjoyed my stay here immensely and I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Haeji C
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Please be forewarned that I had personal property taken from my room. I brought this to the attention of the front desk and the night manager of the Holiday Express Inn Princeton Southeast Plainsboro, NJ during my recent stay. In each case I was told that the General Manager would contact me directly concerning the theft of a wristwatch from my room. After receiving no response within 3 days of my stay I contacted IHG guest relations and was told that the General Manager would contact me within 48 hours. Again no one has contacted me concerning the theft. I was then sent a form email that stated they would get back to me in 21 days. After years of being a Priority Club member I will no longer be a guest of Holiday Inn or related properties. The management within this company needs to understand the meaning of customer service. We all have choices and their lack of dealing with a complaint as serious as theft from a guests' room should serve as a warning to anyone considering staying as a guest at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank SRC609
David F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We sincerely apologize for the loss of your belongings during your stay. When items are reported as being stolen, we take these reports very seriously. Once reported, we queried the door lock for all entries, searched the room from top to bottom before it was re-occupied and interviewed any staff members who might have entered the room during your stay. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your belongings. There was a communications breakdown when it came to contacting you and I apologize for that.
As a Priority Club member we value your past business. We hope that you will continue to stay with Holiday Inns in the future and not let this communications error on our part prevent you from doing so.
Please contact me at your convenience so that we can further discuss your concerns.
Millsboro, Delaware
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel is a beautiful gem of hotels. It is snuggled in a natural setting, which is very welcoming and when inside the hotel it explodes with refined decorating. The common area are clean, bright and airy. Our room was exquisitively spacious with a demur touch of color. What is most important, is the people associated with the hotel. They are well informed, polite and respectful. It is refreshing to see people who are proud of their hotel. The breakfast was fresh, the area clean, and the attendant was ready to do whatever to make her area a great experience. They even had a pancake making machine.
We made a mental note to visit this hotel in the spring, to see how the change of seasons portray it. Thank you Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: Bring a pair of jogging shoes to explore the area in the hotel campus!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank jkling1307
East Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed December 24, 2012

It was a wonderful stay .clean room and great breakfast Cinnabon, eggs, sausage , pancakes, hash brown and waffles ...It newly opened so clean and good. Comfortable beds and both soft and firm pillows to choose from

Room Tip: Rooms on the second level are nice
Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Chris M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainsboro
Crowne Plaza Princeton - Conference Center
Hyatt Place Princeton
Hyatt Place Princeton
#4 of 15 in Princeton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Princeton Southeast? Share your experiences!