“Worth the Drive”

Rhong Tiam
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Plainsboro
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We love Thai food and have been to many establishments over the years. For a diverse community the Princeton area has not had great Thai food. This has changed now that Rhong Tiam is available. The satay were top notch yummy. We had a variety of appetizers, soups, rice, noodles, and main courses and all were well prepared but some may be too spicy for some palates. The food was delicious and the ingredients were obviously fresh. The decor and ambiance were pleasant and the service was smooth. The prices were not a bargain but I did not feel ripped off either.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I grew up in Thailand so I'm picky about Thai food. Many of the dishes here are very good. Some of the prices are a bit high. Service was good. Love the green curry and fried rice.

1  Thank slhannold
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I live very close to this place, so when this restaurant opened recently, we decided to try it out as a family. Great ambiance, good crowd, lots of laughter and chatter, it was lively. Food is of good quality and reasonably priced. Not of finger licking quality though.

The Good:
1. Variety of food
2. Reasonably priced
3. Lively environment
4. Tastefully decorated

The Not so Good:
1. BYOB
2. Small place - could easily get over-crowded, luckily it wasn't when we visited
3. Bad taste of music - the music did not match the ambiance and food
4. Service - Could be better, waiters were not very attentive

Verdict: Definitely worth a visit. I will definitely go again - if the service hasn't improved, there wont be another trip after that..!!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had chicken satay, lettuce wrap, spicy calamari, veg pad Thai and chicken green curry- all delicious! Service was not great because it was too busy ( Valentines night) and only 4 waiters were on. The people who were working were very nice, and friendly. Felt bad for them coz they were really under a lot pressure. Shame on management.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have been to this restaurant few times now. The other day, I placed an take out order. As I was a little confused on what to order, the person (male) on the other side suggested- Thai Chili Shrimps. I ordered two of those dishes and was shocked to find out that they had charged me $50 for 12 shrimps. Each order was $25 and there are only 6 shrimps in each order. I have paid more money for food elsewhere but this is certainly not the place where I would pay that kind of money. The food quality is good but when I compare the prices to restaurants located in Washington DC area, this restaurant is much more expensive. I have used DC to compare as I travel to DC and normally stop at Thai restaurants near the DuPont circle area. This restaurant is not even in Princeton yet it has Princetonlike (or higher) prices.

So, in short, OK food priced on the higher side. Given the choice I rather go to Elements of Asia (Asian Fusion), which is not too far from there.