“Will not be returning”
Review of Pittstown Inn

Pittstown Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Pittstown Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Pittstown
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Vurv
“Will not be returning”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Having just moved into the area we were delighted to find a nice looking restaurant so close to home. However, I'm afraid the old cliche 'don't judge a book by its cover' definitely holds true here.
We decided to take our guests from the UK there to show them good ol' US cooking. We booked early as we had my 11 year old with us. We were shown to our table by one waitress and then another waitress came over and accused us of sitting in the wrong spot! I'm afraid it just went downhill from there. It took nearly 90 minutes for us to get our food. I could understand this if we were at a gourmet restaurant but all we'd ordered were burgers and a salad! Our water was not refilled and we were unable to ask our waitress as she had disappeared. What made matters worse was that people who came in after us were getting their food first, we could only assume this was because they were regulars. Either that or they thought by making us wait they would be able to bump up our bar bill. All in all it was a very expensive, disappointing night. If you do decide to go the burgers aren't bad and the fries are delicious, just don't go hungry because you may be in for a long wait.

• Visited October 2012

Flemington, New Jersey
“Better than Average, but not Great”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Just got home from this neighborhood eatery where we celebrated our anniversary with extended family. After seeing the mixed reviews on Trip Advisor, we were interested in judging for ourselves. Turns out that everyone is right. Some dishes, Mac & Cheese appetizer & bistro chicken were "meh" and some were good - hangar steak & special pork chop. Nothing, though, was outstanding or even memorable. Would return for lunch or casual dinner, but not for a special occasion.

• Visited August 2012
Hampton, NJ
“Cozy eatery”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

My daughter and I stopped here for lunch. There were people enjoying eating on the outdoor porch in the sunshine. We chose to stay indoors. A wonderful menu was presented. Choices of Soup of the day, salads and more. They served us tasty chicken on a soft bun with a good portion of fries. Very nice wait staff and a good place to enjoy off the beaten path!

• Visited April 2012
Lebanon, New Jersey
1,157 restaurant reviews
“Hearty portions of good food in pleasant surroundings”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I was intrigued by the mixed reviews on tadv - had to see for myself. I was quite pleased. Did not have 'troubles' that other reviewers mentioned. There are some unusual beers on tap and the wine list is extensive. The menu (on-line) is fairly familar - not much deviation from popular dishes. We started with roasted beet with greens and a goat cheese fritter (very good) and a cup of squash soup (very good). Entrees were hangar steak with chimichuria sauce, hot fries and veg (very good, including the sides) and stuffed flounder over mashed potatoes with asparagus (average/good). For both dishes, presentation was very nice. (PS. I saw a ribeye served - looked enormous, but at $32 you would expect.) Service was good enough - but could have been a but more professional/crisp. Atmosphere is described as contemporary upscale (earth-tones not my cup of tea) but was quite acceptable. Overall, a good to very good experience.

• Visited January 2012
High Bridge, New Jersey
“Lousy Bartender”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

When I sat down at the bar, I asked for Pellegrino. The bartender came back and told me that he didn't have the little bottles, but he did have a big bottle but was not going to open it for me. So what exactly is he saving it for? Himself, another more important customer? Then we placed our order. He was one of those guys that takes your order but doesn't write it down (hate that). I ordered soup and my entree and well, the entree came out but no soup. He forgot to put it in. So annoyed.

The food was really good, no complaints. But a lousy bartender with a crappy attitude will keep me away.

• Visited January 2012