“Thumbs Down”

Oink and Moo BBQ & Brew
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Pittstown
Reviewed October 6, 2018

Visited this place for the first time. Atmosphere is bustling, noisy and very open. First off, a glass soda is $3.00, Storypoint Cabernet is overpriced at $10.00 for a 4 oz glass and it was very bitter. Appetizer of nachos was the usual with cheese, jalapeños and such but it was all cold. Stuffed cornbread with pulled pork and honey was okay. Entrees.......we all had ribs which would have been fantastic ( cooked and smoked well ) except for the weird BBQ sauce which when asked about was told it was tomato based with vinegar. There was something else in there that gave it the oddest flavor. Brought the ribs home and washed them off to re-grill with a better sauce. The mac & cheese side was another issue. Did not taste cheese at all, so I am not sure what made that casserole.The redeeming quality in the whole dish was the buttermilk cole slaw, very good. Wanted to have a regular coffee when finished but they do not serve that either, Just french pressed. So, all in all, will not go back.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed our meal. My wife and I each ordered the brisket platter. It came w two sides and corn bread. Quality of the brisket was outstanding. Will come back again for sure!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 25, 2018

I've been to the Florham Park location multiple times. This new location did not disappoint. I had a few of the sliders and mac-n-cheese a my wife had a three-meat combo platter. My deal was delicious, but I liked the brisket off my wife's platter even more. I would try many other things next time. The service is a little slow, but not terribly so. We went on an extremely busy night and were able to get seated immediately. There are lots and lots of servers/waitstaff flying around, so I think it's a matter of them hitting their stride with managing the volume, but overall we were very pleased.

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

Stumbled into this place on way home from NYC to Reading PA. So glad we did. Nothing fancy and everyone makes you feel welcome. It’s not advertised on route 78 and we didn’t even know what was the closest town. The ribs were tasty and fell off the bone. Pulled pork quesadillas were amazing. Cole slaw was a little dry but the Mac and cheese was delicious! Would definitely stop here again.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Good to see a real bbq place in Hunterdon - or anywhere in NJ for that matter. We worked the menu to sample all the meats. Brisket was my favorite. Chicken and pulled pork both very good, but a tad dry - as both of these tend to be. Got to try the sausage as it is an allowed 'side' on the combo platter. Nice. I liked the spicy slaw. Service was excellent.