“A rare gem”

The Broadway Theatre
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Pitman
Reviewed May 20, 2013

There is no other theater in South Jersey to compare to The Broadway. When I was young I saw a few movies at the Westmont Theater and even hit the Ritz once or twice. The Broadway has been renovated back to the grand elegance from a time before I was born. All of the trimmings are here from velvet curtains to a grand marquee. This is a great place to take your children to experience something from a different era.

1  Thank SJ1mom

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've been here several times as I follow Doug Church, the "voice of Elvis" and he performs here often. I've also taken my children to the child's plays that they have monthly. They are very affordable for the children's plays and they also allow you to bring your own water and snacks for kids so you don't have to spend at their concession stand there. It is clean and a beatiful, old theatre.

1  Thank Corinna G
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is an old time theatre movie house that has been completly renovated,in downtown Pitman. They put on Broadway shows and book other entaining acts. It is very resonable and a comfortable theater. They even have an operateing theatre organ.

2  Thank JoeSchwartz
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We've been season ticket holders now for four years. The theater decor is fabulous, and brings back memories for my husband who lived in Pitman as a child. We bring Grandma in her wheelchair and they always let one of us sit in the handicapped row with her although the other three of us have tickets in the row in front of her. She also reports that the ear buds for the hearing impaired are excellent. The quality of the shows is very high and the sound system is terrific. Be prepared for long lines at the few restrooms

1  Thank Catocop
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Went to see the musical, Showboat, at this neighborhood theatre. We thoroughly enjoyed the production. The casting was well done and the music was excellent. There is something for everyone. As they cater to young and old alike. Make a night of it and try one of the nice little restaurants on S Broadway. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Eileen B