“Was more worried about the "show" than service...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sweet Lula's

Sweet Lula's
Ranked #9 of 25 Restaurants in Pitman
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://www.sweetlulas.com/Its_All_Good.html
Mount Royal, New Jersey
“Was more worried about the "show" than service...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I ate here on a Saturday night, it was crowded but only waited a few minutes for our table to be ready near the window; luckily since if you sit closer to the "stage" it is very loud once Lula starts singing. She sang several songs during which we could not talk. It is basically a concert during dinner in which you can't hear or talk. We ordered the crab and avocado fritter, which was really good but ONE giant fritter that was not meant for sharing. The salad also came out at the same time, which is a big pet peeve. For dinner, my wife has the pork and it was over cooked and dry. I had the duck breast, which was really good. Would not recommend to anyone. Better options than here.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Good Food! Horrible service & management:-(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband took me here for a nice birthday dinner. The place was very poorly run. No hostess. Only 3 waitresses on a saturday night, who also had to take turns answering the phone and seating guests. It was chaos to say the least. Our waitress opened our wine but didn't pour it. We asked for water and she dropped off a pitcher which we had to pour ourselves. We had to track her down to get some bread. She was so short with us all night. We got our food and she never checked on us. We waited 15 minutes after done eating to get our plates cleared. She was ready to give us our bill before we were even asked if we wanted coffee and dessert. Overall, horrible service. Poorly managed and run. Food was good.

4 Thank Kristenahl
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Worst Customer Service at Sweet Lula's”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Rude service all the way around. Not worth the money for the little amount of food, the food was not prepared articulately, and the terrible customer service makes this the worst place to eat in the tristate region. This was a special occasion for my family and the service was a complete disappointment to me. I would never recommend this place to a friend or family member, let alone someone I do not like. Not worth your time or money.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Customer C
“Unbelievable in small town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was my 3rd visit to Lula's since they opened. I think after a few years they have perfected fine dining for the small town of Pitman. I had the salmon with capers which was outstanding. The rice was perfectly done as well as the veggies. As far as I can tell everything is homemade to order. Husband had the duck which he loved. I had a salad which was good but pricey for lettuce, pecans and some craisins but I would get it again. Husband had shrimp and scallop appetizer that was close to the size of a small entree. We shared the bread pudding which was the right thing to do since the portion was huge! (and delish!) The food selections are unusual but welcome for those that eat out a lot and get the same offerings everywhere you go. It was the first time that we were there when Lula sang. She was great! Lula's was a refreshing change and we will be sure to add it to our restaurant favorites!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank jerseymom57
Cocoa, Florida
“Small-town Surprises!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

The first surprise at Sweet Lula's is its namesake proprietress, a former British pop singer who regularly treats her customers to her vocal talents. The second surprise is the imaginative menu, and the third and most pleasant is that the food is wonderful.

I ordered the Grilled California Romaine Caesar Salad, something I had not seen or heard of anywhere else. A generous portion of seafood -- fish, crab and shrimp -- was sauteed in a delicate white-wine sauce, then layered on a partial head of romaine lettuce and lightly grilled. My wife enjoyed the Lobster Ravioli with Creamy Bacon and Pesto Alfredo. Complimentary rolls are baked fresh at the restaurant each day.

Lula's is a BYOB establishment, but regulars have access to convenient bottle lockers in the entry lobby.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Sweet Lula's? Share your experiences!