“Good and cheap stay”

Motel 6 Piscataway (NYC Area)
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Piscataway
Reviewed December 6, 2010

I liked this Motel 6. We had a twin bed room with two queen sized beds. The were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was good as well. It was equipped with a bathtub.

Motel 6 Motels don't offer breakfast, but that was not bothering us, because we liked to go out in the morning to find every day something new to eat :-) We had a non-smoke room. The hallway smelled like someone had just smoked a cigarette there.

My friend thought, that the motel was quite noisy but I think it's the same with every motel which is located close to a Interstate or Hwy. Anyway, if you wear earplugs you gonna be fine.

We stayed in this Motel twice. Once at the beginning of our journey and then at the end of our road trip. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 4, 2010

This is an average motel 6.. decently clean, cheap, and no frills.
one thing I don't understand, is why they put ashtrays in non-smoking rooms, with no smoking stickers in them...
check in was quick and easy, although the clerk was cold and impersonal.
lots and lots of shopping in the area

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Great location, clean, quiet, really friendly staff. Some Motel 6's can be dicey and unsafe-feeling but not this one. Bring your own hair dryer, shampoo, etc. They provide soap and towels but that's it. The price is REALLY good per night! Pets are allowed and WIFI is $2.95 per 24 hour period. Definitely the best Motel 6... no frills but that's the point! Inexpensive, clean and safe!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2010

This hotel was super clean, which surprised me because I paid so little for it. I was expecting a dump. But it was great. Very bare bones though, no clock or extras like that in the room. The location is great cuz there are a ton of restaurants and shopping all in walking distance. I totally recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HMasar
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I, my husband and 1 year old stayed 1 Saturday night at this Motel 6. It is in a shopping area with A LOT of stores in the area… that is the ONLY good thing about this motel! We stayed in room 204 it was marked as non smoking but there was an ashtray in the bathroom and on the night stand in the sleeping area, the smoke detector had NO batteries in it and to make the room even nicer the security lock was BROKE off…. someone had to force the door open for this to happen! I took pictures of the lock and am planning to write to the corporate office, I have never felt so uncomfortable in any hotel/motel! All night I was awake with people fighting in the hallway and slamming doors, this went on until a little after 3am.
The room was not vacuumed prior to us arriving; there was clear candy wrappers littered near the window where the curtain was also hanging down… I am really disappointed with the condition of the room.
I forgot to mention the people who LIVE in this motel…. Seedy seedy people. One woman had the screen cut out of the window and was hanging out with a can of beer yelling at the parking lot. A few doors down there were men fighting and throwing luggage at each other. Just bad!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah P
Reviewed July 16, 2010

During my trips to the USA I have often had the opportunity to stay in Motel 6 and I have seen better and worse ones. The Motel 6 in Piscataway is clean, well renovated and with very friendly personnel. It is very quiet and there are many cafés and small restaurants in the vicinity. To recommend, especially for business travellers who do not wish to pay excessive amounts bur still want a clean and quiet place.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank arapis
Reviewed February 12, 2008

I had to stay at this motel when I was transitioning a move out of state. I must say that I didn't know what to expect. I opened the door and it smelled fresh, clean, and welcoming. I was impressed. The area is very convenient with fast food, a few restaurants, and other stores (Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendys, Red Lobster, Wal Mart, Panera Bread, Wachovia Bank, Sears, Long Horn, Fridays, Blockbuster, and Starbucks....just to name a few). I felt very safe in this area and the staff were very friendly and helpful. My only two small issues were that Wifi was $3 per day (which honestly isn't that bad), and housekeeping skipped my room once or twice but my stay was a little over two weeks so it wasn't like they skipped it everyday. Everything was clean and everything worked. The price online of $52/night was terrific and for a budget you will not be disappointed. I was very comfortable and I extend a warm thanks for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piscataway
Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University
Red Roof Inn Edison
Red Roof Inn Edison
#6 of 15 in Edison
WoodSpring Suites South Plainfield
WoodSpring Suites South Plainfie...
#2 of 5 in South Plainfield
Best Western The Garden Executive Hotel
Best Western The Garden Executiv...
#3 of 5 in South Plainfield
Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway
Holiday Inn South Plainfield - P...
#4 of 5 in South Plainfield
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 5 in South Plainfield

Been to Motel 6 Piscataway (NYC Area)? Share your experiences!