“Average Motel 6 experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Piscataway

Motel 6 Piscataway
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Piscataway
Toronto Canada
“Average Motel 6 experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2010

This is an average motel 6.. decently clean, cheap, and no frills.
one thing I don't understand, is why they put ashtrays in non-smoking rooms, with no smoking stickers in them...
check in was quick and easy, although the clerk was cold and impersonal.
lots and lots of shopping in the area

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

Great location, clean, quiet, really friendly staff. Some Motel 6's can be dicey and unsafe-feeling but not this one. Bring your own hair dryer, shampoo, etc. They provide soap and towels but that's it. The price is REALLY good per night! Pets are allowed and WIFI is $2.95 per 24 hour period. Definitely the best Motel 6... no frills but that's the point! Inexpensive, clean and safe!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2010

This hotel was super clean, which surprised me because I paid so little for it. I was expecting a dump. But it was great. Very bare bones though, no clock or extras like that in the room. The location is great cuz there are a ton of restaurants and shopping all in walking distance. I totally recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HMasar
Lakeland, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

I, my husband and 1 year old stayed 1 Saturday night at this Motel 6. It is in a shopping area with A LOT of stores in the area… that is the ONLY good thing about this motel! We stayed in room 204 it was marked as non smoking but there was an ashtray in the bathroom and on the night stand in the sleeping area, the smoke detector had NO batteries in it and to make the room even nicer the security lock was BROKE off…. someone had to force the door open for this to happen! I took pictures of the lock and am planning to write to the corporate office, I have never felt so uncomfortable in any hotel/motel! All night I was awake with people fighting in the hallway and slamming doors, this went on until a little after 3am.
The room was not vacuumed prior to us arriving; there was clear candy wrappers littered near the window where the curtain was also hanging down… I am really disappointed with the condition of the room.
I forgot to mention the people who LIVE in this motel…. Seedy seedy people. One woman had the screen cut out of the window and was hanging out with a can of beer yelling at the parking lot. A few doors down there were men fighting and throwing luggage at each other. Just bad!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Piscataway hotels

munich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

During my trips to the USA I have often had the opportunity to stay in Motel 6 and I have seen better and worse ones. The Motel 6 in Piscataway is clean, well renovated and with very friendly personnel. It is very quiet and there are many cafés and small restaurants in the vicinity. To recommend, especially for business travellers who do not wish to pay excessive amounts bur still want a clean and quiet place.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank arapis
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2008

I had to stay at this motel when I was transitioning a move out of state. I must say that I didn't know what to expect. I opened the door and it smelled fresh, clean, and welcoming. I was impressed. The area is very convenient with fast food, a few restaurants, and other stores (Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendys, Red Lobster, Wal Mart, Panera Bread, Wachovia Bank, Sears, Long Horn, Fridays, Blockbuster, and Starbucks....just to name a few). I felt very safe in this area and the staff were very friendly and helpful. My only two small issues were that Wifi was $3 per day (which honestly isn't that bad), and housekeeping skipped my room once or twice but my stay was a little over two weeks so it wasn't like they skipped it everyday. Everything was clean and everything worked. The price online of $52/night was terrific and for a budget you will not be disappointed. I was very comfortable and I extend a warm thanks for a pleasant stay.

• Liked — Clean and lots of places to go in the area
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Down the shore (NJ)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2006

This motel is clean and the front desk clerks are friendly and accommodating. We had to change rooms once we arrived due to the smoke alarm sounding the low battery chirp. Our next room, although marked as a non-smoking room, smelled of smoke and had an ashtray on the night table. Normal items that we expected to find in our room were not there including: shampoo and conditioner, tissues, a clock, a hairdryer, iron and ironing board and a directory of local restaurants or phone book. We didn't have a refridgerator or internet access which we did not expect to find for this price. Gabrielle's Sports Bar was the highlight of our evening although there were many local restaurants from which to choose. We will stay in a better motel next time that has the creature comforts that we enjoy.

• Liked — Location, front desk clerks friendliness, helpfulness
  • Disliked — Lack of toiletries, hairdryer, iron and ironing board and clock
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring everything you need for personal hygiene plus a travel iron.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piscataway
Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 5 in South Plainfield
Radisson Piscataway
Radisson Piscataway
#2 of 4 in Piscataway
Fairfield Inn & Suites Edison-South Plainfield

Been to Motel 6 Piscataway? Share your experiences!