“Good value, good location”
Review of Motel 6 Piscataway

Motel 6 Piscataway
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Piscataway
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Good value, good location”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Set in a good location, a 5 minute drive by car or taxi to the Edison train station which is just an hour train journey into New York. Plenty of restaurants and places to eat nearby, reachable by foot or a short drive including a Wendy's, Dunkin Donuts and Burger King just across the Motel 6 car park. A Walmart and other shops just round the corner, and the Middlesex Mall across the road.
I stayed here over Christmas and New Years for almost 2 weeks on a budget - Motel 6 was good value and affordable.
The motel provided laundry facilities, vending machines and ice-machines.
The room had a good TV and a seated/table area.
Most of the staff were friendly and helpful.

However...

The room was so spacious with no carpeted floor so in the winter the room got so cold and the heater was too noisy to keep on throughout the night. There was a lack of storage space for clothes, I had to fold/lay all my clothes on the floor. The bed sheets had cigarette burn holes in them!
Housekeeping only came twice during my 2 week stay, so I had a build up of trash and often had to ask reception for more toilet paper and towels.
My door key cards kept failing so often had to get reception to re-activate my cards.
The corridor was echoey and constantly stank of smoke and weed. Some guests over the weekends were very noisy and disrespectful usually til 4/5am - kept their room doors open while playing their loud music and using the corridor as a running race track.

The motel could use some improvements but overall my stay was ok. Would recommend this motel to any solo travelers or young couples for a short term stay or those on a budget.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Pepper2429

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The first night there was a man yelling someones name and knocking on all the doors. My son and I went to the lobby to get a drink from the vending machine and got a dirty look from the front desk. Never had any towels had to find someone and get some everyday.Hallways were full of smoke, cigs and pot smell. Room was not touched the second night. Stairwells were really dirty. Had to always were shoes in our room, floors were not touched, not once. I advise you to not stay here, not safe at all.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Shocked2014

Travelers are raving about these Piscataway hotels

Greentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is a no frills motel.It has hardwood floors instead of carpets. The beds , table and bookcase are on pedistals. It makes it easy to clean the floor The room was very clean.No traffic noise.
There are 3 malls nearby and several restaurants. nearby. I come down from Pennsylvania to have dinner with a friend each month at Applebees, 2 lights away.I I will be coming back each month.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hiddenite, North Carolina
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Just close enough to new york city. Not too expensive. Walking distance to dunkin donuts and wal-mart. great location. I found the clerks to be very helpfull. we got an early check in too. My son and I tossed the football around a bit in the little grassy area out front.

Room Tip: Ok no frills, but a good clean room to sleep in, and for the price cant beat it!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Virginia
Reviewed November 26, 2013

UNSAFE - and the staff doesn't care!
As my wife and I walked up to the door (late at night), a strange man came out and said there were no rooms available. I thought that was very odd since I called ahead and was told there were plenty of rooms. The man then told us that there was another Motel 6 up the road (which there isn't) and wanted me to drive him there. Thankfully we got to our car and got out of there before anything happened. The worst part - I immediately called the hotel to let them know what happened. The lady on the phone said there are plenty of rooms available - just come on in. I repeated the story of what happened, assuming that she would be concerned about a strange man chasing away customers and soliciting favors. She didn't seem to care at all.

I have stayed here before, but never again. I refuse to sacrifice my family's safety to save a few bucks.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed October 25, 2013

DO NOT stay at this hotel. The "manager", Melissa Hawthorne, She should NOT have gotten this position as a manager. my husband heard her saying something about black trash staying at hotel. She gave us different and wayy higher prices than the actual Motel 6 reservations 1800 number. She knew my husband was working there and needed a room for a month. She then decided to switch him over to another room and said that she accidentally over booked the hotel. Then she told him to leave because she didn't have enough room. She had him booked as a two people staying in a room and had him paying for two people even though it was only him. When I contacted the corporate office about this matter, they said he was in their computer as "2 people" and advised him to go back to the front desk and get refund but when he got there, Melissa had changed the reservation to one person and since he paid in cash there was nothing she could do about it. Melissa is charging one guest for two people and then pocking the money for it. She needs to go. I have NEVER in my life seen anything like this situation. We always stay at motel 6 all over the United States but are now finding another chain to go through. I have never been treated like this. She steals money from guests and fibs about rates and fibs to corprate to try to cover her bum. I am now trying to get in touch with HER boss, Roberta Harris. So unless you want to be ripped off and have your money stolen from you, do not stay here!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kcas12
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Piscataway, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Kcas12 - We apologize for the customer service issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you and your husband. Please contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights during a long dog show weekend. Obviously they allow dogs. The rooms are recently remodeled in "Euro mod." The look is very clean. No carpet on the floor, just wood laminate which I liked better. Beds were comfortable but for how long I can't say--just a mattress on a platform. There is a TV, soap, plastic cups, ice bucket and thin towels, but no hair dryer or shampoo (although the office will give you a small bottle if you ask). We could hear walking above and the shower running to some degree but side-to-side the rooms were remarkably quiet considering all the dogs that were there. The maids do not give you enough linens for two people; every day we had to ask for more which the office supplied. Office staff was very friendly and accomodating. There were incense sticks stuck in the connecting door which I didn't notice for 2 days; now I know why the room had a "smokey" smell although it was a non-smoking room. Did a previous guest leave it there or the maid? My biggest concern was that for a hotel that accepts dogs, there was only one trash can at the lobby door. More trash cans are needed on the property for poop bags. I hate to deposit them in such a public place; in fact, I walked over to the back of the Burger King's parking lot to dispose of mine.

Room Tip: If you have dogs, ask for the first floor--your door opens up to the outside instead of a hallway an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piscataway
Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University
Red Roof Inn Edison
Red Roof Inn Edison
#8 of 15 in Edison
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 5 in South Plainfield
Best Western The Garden Executive Hotel
Best Western The Garden Executiv...
#2 of 5 in South Plainfield
Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway
Holiday Inn South Plainfield - P...
#3 of 5 in South Plainfield

Been to Motel 6 Piscataway? Share your experiences!