First and foremost, I will say that the customer service I received was superior! They took great care to more than effectively handled my complaint and overall dissatisfaction with this particular Embassy Suites Hotel. I say this particular Embassy Suites because I have stayed at several Embassy Suites in the country and have never come across one in this condition! Upon arrival it was overcrowded in the lobby due to rooms not being ready for guests when it was well after the required check-in time. The furniture in the lobby appeared old and had a run-down quality to them. Fortunately, my room was available, but unfortunately, the room was severely not up to par with not only my standards, but the Hilton Brand as a whole! For starters, the room was not clean! There were remnants of an obvious bachelorette party that was given in the room the previous night as there was still a "pin the kiss on the man" naked poster game taped to the bedroom door. I had 13 year olds with me, so they certainly got a kick out of that! Additionally, the bathtub was still dirty, the room and lamps were extremely dusty. The lamp shades were bent and cracked. The appliances were not up to the Embassy Suites standard I have come to expect. The rooms and bathrooms are significantly smaller than the other Embassy Suites I have had to pleasure to stay in... My daughter, her friends and I were disappointed to say the least, as we expected more from Embassy Suites... I immediately went back to the front desk and spoke with the agent regarding my concerns and disgust, who was absolutely receptive and completely non-defensive. Her customer service skills are impeccable and models EXACTLY what an individual in her position should be doing on a regular basis! I wish more customer service agents in the hospitality industry had her genuine care and concern for customers satisfaction! She gets an A++ from me! Excellent Work! She comped 2 drinks for me at the bar, as well as a movie. And more over, upgraded our room! My daughter had recently just gotten out of the hospital and I was using this 2-night hotel stay as a small get away for us. The excitement and the smile on my daughters face once we switched rooms brought tears to my eyes! I hate to still complain because I am very grateful for the agents kind attitude. However, although the room was bigger, the overall condition of the furniture and appliances in the room as well as the dining area downstairs could use some serious improvement. I don't know if I am the only customer who has made complaints against this hotel. Frankly, I don't see how anyone who is honestly familiar with what Embassy Suites usually has to offer WOULDN'T complain! This hotel is (in my opinion) some type of ghetto rendition of the Embassy Suites I am accustomed to. Good grief! If it had not been for the excellent customer service, I would have canceled my reservation and trekked in the snow to the Parsippany Embassy Suites instead! Kudos to Maurica once again, and I sincerely hope you will take my other observations into serious consideration! Maybe then you will start to attract a different quality/caliber of customers to frequent your hotel... Although I am happy with the customer service of their employees, and especially the front desk agent who assisted me, I will more than likely not return unless the other areas of concern are addressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This All Suite Hotel is located on the border of Piscataway and Somerset, just minutes from downtown New Brunswick and Rutgers University. Experience more comfort and freedom in two-room suites, complete with 2 TV's, a refrigerator and microwave. Wake up to complimentary made-to-order breakfast with fresh omelets and pancakes. Enjoy complimentary snacks and one drink during the Evening Manager's Reception. Host a business meeting or event at this modern hotel. Select from 7,000 sq. ft. of meeting and ballroom space. Wi-Fi and parking is complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Piscataway - Somerset Hotel Piscataway
- Embassy Suites Hotel Piscataway
- Piscataway Embassy Suites