“This place is a dump” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Piscataway
St. Petersburg, Florida
“This place is a dump”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Phone didn't work. Toilet didn't flush properly. TV didn't work. Happy hour not up to Embassy Suites standards. Food was only chips and pretzels. Limited to one cocktail. Service was nonexistent. Outdated. Seriously in need of an update or renovation.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Paul M, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
I am sorry to hear about your stay. As you can see by the large amount of great responses on this site, this is not the norm at our hotel. I mentioned in a few of the recent responses that the hotel has a wonderful renovation planned in 2014 and the pictures look fantastic. As for the other concerns, while they are not acceptable, they are fixable. I will personally check the hotel log to make sure all of these issues have been fixed. Please reach out to me directly so we can discuss a few ways to make the situation right. We are so thankful that you chose us and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Fort Worth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I was in the area for work and was staying here only because co-workers were staying here. I have always liked Embassy Suites hotels and this was nice but the rooms were a little dated. I was disappointed in the one drink only policy during the managers exception but I understand this is a New Jersey state law thing (another reason to not like New Jersey). The lobby and atrium are great. The complimentary breakfast is nice and included cooked-to-order items however I try to eat light and healthy for breakfast so that wasn't as big a positive for me. The workout facility was good enough. The staff seemed really friendly and the room was clean. The area surrounding also seemed secure and that's very important.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Jeff D
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. You had some great feedback and you also mentioned some great points that I would like to address. First, we try our best to explain to all of our guests that the NJ state law and health codes do not allow any hotel in NJ to offer more than one complimentary drink. All hotels in NJ comply. As for the hotel being a little dated, our great renovation will be completed this year so please come back and see us soon!
Fullerton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Great experience: excellent staff, great breakfast, comfortable and clean rooms. The shuttle was especially helpful and the complimentary business center was exceptionally convenient. Even when we were lost on the first night we arrived, the front desk receptionist called a cab for us and helped us get to the correct train station.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Glad to hear the great feedback. Thanks for sharing and I hope others find this helpful.
new york, Aruba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Great stay Sandy your office manager helped make our stay 110% Great value with a helpful staff . Breakfast was made to order. the two room suite with 2 big screen tv a real plus, pool was clean parking was easy

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Wow, 110% is fantastic. I will be sure to share this with the team, especially Sandy our Front Office Manager. Thanks!
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

First off...the room I booked online does not exist. And I was only told this upon check in. I booked a 2 queen bed premium suite. At check in, I learned that the premium suites are single bed. I was traveling with 5 people and a single bed was not a viable option. Other minor complaints during my stay: there was no pillow for the sofa bed, there was no remote for the TV in the sitting area, the bathroom door wouldn't lock, and the Internet kept kicking me off. But regardless, this hotel was still a good value. Staff was friendly, hotel was clean & fancy, reception & breakfast included in rate was great, pool was fun, rate was reasonable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thanks for the review. I hope this information is helpful to you and other travelers:
- Our suites with two beds are doubles, not queens. I apologize if you were misguided. I just checked our room descriptions on our website and they are accurate. Perhaps a third party site may have it listed wrong. If that is the case, please share with me the site you used so I can get it fixed.
- As for the pillows, all of the suites have an extra pillow and blanket in the bedroom closet that can be used for the pull-out sofa. If that is not enough, please call the front desk and we will gladly bring more to ensure a comfortable night sleep.
- Each suite comes with two remotes, one in each room. If one goes missing we will always replace it immediately. Please let the front desk know.
- Our internet connection was recently upgraded and now has more than double the required bandwidth so the connection should be strong for all guests

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
Burke, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is a dog friendly Embassy Suites hotel. Excellent accommodations for a value price. Some breakfast items were not up to standards, but breakfast omelette made to order available and well done. A refrigerator and microwave was in suite, and that added to convenience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. All of our guests are important to us....even our furry four legged friends! I hope others find this review helpful and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Annapolis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was made to feel welcome when I waked in the door and over 4 days it was reinforced over and over. The room was fresh and clean and very comfortable. The hotel food service was tasty and abundant and pleased the large group of teens we chaperoned. The atrium provided a bright spot during a rainy couple of days.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Making our guests feel like they are home is most important to our staff. Thank you for the great feedback and I will be sure to share this with our great team. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piscataway
DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Homewood Suites Somerset
Homewood Suites Somerset
#2 of 16 in Somerset
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University
The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 4 in South Plainfield

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset? Share your experiences!