New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Piscataway
Elizabeth, New Jersey, United States
“Family Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I love this hotel for a family getaway with the kids. The indoor pool is the main reason for choosing this hotel and the breakfast and managers reception. It is perfect for adults and children at the same time. I take my kids to this hotel on a regular basis as a reward or just to get away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Yesenia P
Paul M, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for making the Embassy Suites Piscataway your home away from home. In your response, you mention that the hotel is perfect for adults and children. We appreciate your kind words and we hope other families find this review helpful.
Thanks and we hope to see you and your family soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Cambridge, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great location, very close to where I was doing business. Hotel lobby is attractive and comfortable. Full complimentary breakfast was a nice surprise since most hotels offer a condensed breakfast and with an additional charge. Double-bed suites have small beds, but other than that, nice, clean, quiet hotel.

Room Tip: Double-bed rooms have small beds, double size at best.
1 Thank candlohio
Thank you for your review. Our team is glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is located close to many local businesses in Piscataway and Somerset so we hope this review will be helpful to other business travelers.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were impressed with the room size and layout. I think this is supposed to be standard for Embassy Suites. There is a sitting area with couches, a small dining table, a flatscreen tv and a kitchenette (microwave, refridgerator, coffeemaker and sink). The bedroom was separated by a door and had its own tv and sink. We found a bit funny that if you include the bathroom that's three sinks in total! We liked the fact that you could close off the bedroom and relax on the couch and watch tv. The couch also converted into a sleeper. The room could have easily housed four adults. The room and bathroom was clean and the hotel floors were spotless (I think they must have mopped them continuously). That being said, the building itself, room furniture and appliances were somewhat dated and old, but functional. The ac made some noise, but it did not bother us. The complimentary breakfast was really good and the staff at breakfast were great; the omelet was made to order and the chef made every effort to get it just right (this really stood out for us compared to other hotels). Considering the cheap room rate, if we ever go back to the Rutgers area we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Paul M, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for the detailed response. I hope other find it helpful when making their travel decisions.

The Embassy Suites really is as great as you say in your response. I personally use Embassy Suites when I travel for the same reasons you do.....space and a great complimentary breakfast.

Rutgers University is only 2-3 miles away and we are the closest hotel to their Piscataway Campus. We hope to see you and other Rutgers travelers in the near future.

As for the noise made by the AC, our engineering staff is working hard to make sure all units are upgraded and as quiet as possible so our guests can enjoy a good night’s sleep.
Niteroi, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recommend it due to the great hospitality from the crew, its location and a great breakfast. It is close to I295 and makes it readly available to go anywhere. If you want to go to a shopping mall you can go to I295, exit 14 and go to bridgewater mall

• 5 of 5 stars
We enjoy reading such great reviews of our property. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your wonderful experience with the great travelers that use this site.
Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Older property but well kept. Convenient to highways and local businesses. Room was quiet and clean. Staff was helpful and pleasant. Full service breakfast was a bonus as was the afternoon reception. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thanks for your great review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. In regards to the hotel being a bit older, you and others will be happy to know that we are planning some amazing upgrades real soon!

Thanks again and I hope this review is helpful to all
toms river
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had found this place through AAA, and was glad I chose to stay here. I wish I remembered the name of the woman who checked me in, she was so helpful. My cousin gave me some frozen venison, and when I realized the mini-fridge in the room didn't have a freezer, I went down to the front desk to see if she could help.She tried a few things, but couldn't find a freezer for me to use. How many places would go out of their way like that? The indoor pool area was spotless, although there could have been more chairs. The water was so clean without the overpowering smell of chlorine, but could have been a bit warmer. I loved the 2 seperate rooms, it felt so luxurious! Usually I stay at a Holiday Inn, but the Embassy Suites was less expensive, and got a bit more for my money. The room was clean, I had a smoking room, and absolutely no smell of smoke. And the 2 flat screen tv's were great!!! The only problem I came across was the cleanliness of the bathroom. There was several hairs in the shower.Ugh!!!!! The breakfast in the morning was great- hot and cold cereal, apple orange cranberry and pineapple juice, tea and coffee,fruit, yougurt, eggs any way you waned them cooked with either sausage or bacon. I definatly had my fill..... I'd definatly return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for taking the time out of your day to write a review.

Our team members are glad to hear that we "went out of our way" to exceed your expectations. We are also happy to see that you enjoyed the pool.

We take a lot of pride in having the cleanest hotel in the area. Our housekeeping staff recently scored a 99% on our cleanliness survey. We will research you concern about the bathroom and make sure that it does not happen again to anyone that stays with us.

Thanks again and I hope others find this review to be helpful
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Hotel is ok......would have to agree about it being noisy. Manager’s reception was so-so. Have had some good experiences at other Embassy Suites, but this may be the last. I made the mistake of parking my car under the overhang at the Hotel during check in. Well apparently I left it there too long so they towed it! Then spent $226 to get it back from the towing place. When confronted and asked why they couldn't have had the courtesy to ask me to move it, they said they couldn't figure out whose it was. That's BS they didn't try, the towing guy said people get towed from there all the time! HMMM....The hotel was mostly empty so a vehicle with out of state plates could have been investigated. When confronted the Management denied they could have even guessed at whose vehicle it was. Did I make a mistake, yes I fully admit I should have moved my car, but it just seems that a little courtesy could have saved me 2 Hours of my time and $226! If "people get towed from there all the time” according to the towing place, maybe they put in place some policies or procedures to help their guests, but after talking to the manager on duty, they don't seem interested. I have never had such a horrible experience..........

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank TravelorWander
Thank you for your review. I was able to research further and come up with some helpful feedback that you and others may find useful.

Your response seems to focus on one area of concern which is your vehicle being towed. In front of our hotel, we have painted lines and signs that say the area is for loading and un-loading only, but more importantly a designated fire zone and that any violators will be towed. Since your car was parked illegally in the fire zone and left overnight, we had no other option but to have it towed per the State Laws of NJ.

We had complaints from other guests who were inconvenienced and the comfort, safety and security of all of our guests is always our top priority.

I do apologize for your convenience and hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service the next time you are in the area. Once again, thank you for your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piscataway
Homewood Suites Somerset
Homewood Suites Somerset
#2 of 16 in Somerset
4.5 of 5 stars 422 reviews
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 4 in South Plainfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 16 in Somerset
4.0 of 5 stars 105 reviews

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset? Share your experiences!