We needed a hotel to use as our base for a 3 day Thanksgiving excursion into NYC. We like Embassy but I was concerned because this one was $50 a night or more less than comparable hotels in north Jersey. Not to worry; it's an older property but it met the Embassy standards. The king mattress we had was outstanding and the bedding quality and quantity was excellent. The room temp controls were new and worked quite well.
The staff really shined here; we arrived at 10:30 AM due to much better than expected traffic and were still allowed to check in. I explained my plan to drive the 30 miles or so to visit Manhattan and was given better advice - take NJ transit's train - and given a good quality local area map showing the station and all local restaurants. The hotel is only 15 mins from the New Brunswick station and is also adjacent to the Rutgers campus. The train connects with local NJ stops and Newark Airport, Secauscus Junction, and finally with Penn Station after about a comnfortable and scenic 40 min ride into the 34th St in Penn Station in NYC, a great way and location to come and go.
I needed to check email and was given a code to use the lobby comuter rather than pay $10 for 24 hrs of wireless. That should be included in the room rate but it is not. The breakfast buffet was excellent (need more whole grains though) for the rare omlette, potatoes, and bacon grease fest I occasionally enjoy while traveling.
My only complaint is standard for Embassy - kids running unsupervised and noisily around the interior walkways on several levels at once creating quite a ruckus. A closed door took care of that soon enough but I'd like to see the staff put an end to kids running around so much.
Local rip-off taxes added about $18 to the confirmed nightly rate but that's New Jersey for you. If you're looking for a family hotel convenient to rail, NYC and easy access from I-287 of the Jersey Turnpike, then this hotel should work very well for you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This All Suite Hotel is located on the border of Piscataway and Somerset, just minutes from downtown New Brunswick and Rutgers University. Experience more comfort and freedom in two-room suites, complete with 2 TV's, a refrigerator and microwave. Wake up to complimentary made-to-order breakfast with fresh omelets and pancakes. Enjoy complimentary snacks and one drink during the Evening Manager's Reception. Host a business meeting or event at this modern hotel. Select from 7,000 sq. ft. of meeting and ballroom space. Wi-Fi and parking is complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Piscataway - Somerset Hotel Piscataway
- Embassy Suites Hotel Piscataway
- Piscataway Embassy Suites