All reviews front desk staff convenient hotel flat screen tv full kitchen pleasant stay shuttle service microwave pans renovation couch linens clerk
Reviewed November 16, 2017

Was greeted by the woman at the front desk Erica. She was very friendly and helpful. Got us into our room quickly and pointed us in the right direction for dinner. The other staff members were just as friendly and helpful. Although I think they shouldn't refer to breakfast menu as breakfast it was good to be able to grab a coffee on our way to BREAKFAST! The manager Gina seems to really be getting this place in order I stayed here in the summer and the staff and upkeep of the property was not very goof but I'm glad I gave it another try.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Thank you for returning to the Extended Stay America. We strive to provide outstanding service, and it is encouraging to receive confirmation that our efforts make a difference. Our staff, especially Erica and Gina will be pleased to hear your compliments. Thanks once more for your business, and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

Great place for price. Staff very friendly. Gina, Cindy, Tomika and Peter go above and beyond for the guests. Kitchenette is a great feature also the large refrigerator. Wal-Mart and Shop rite is right down the street.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at Extended Stay America. We are thrilled to read you were impressed not only with our courteous associates and convenient location but also with the value we offer. We will be sure to share your compliments with the entire team, especially with Gina, Cindy, Tomika, and Peter for a job well done. Thanks once more for allowing us to be of service, and we hope to have the pleasure of doing so again on your next trip.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

I chose this place primarily for the price and the pool, which I intended to share with my juvenile grandsons who live nearby. I had stayed there before so was expecting decent basics with a pool. Apparently new management has chosen to reduce amenities to bare minimum by covering the pool with concrete and removing all dishes from the advertised fully equipped kitchenette. They also reduced housekeeping services to not once in the 5-day reservation! The space was not especially clean when I moved in, including someone else's hair in the sink. The wifi was not accessible without consulting a tech service staffed by foreigner who was rude and unable to access and connect my Apple devices. There was smoking on my nonsmoking floor which I reported to the front desk. Her folllowup was to slide a letter under each door advising the possible assessment of $250 fine. Ineffective! The only time the front desk was staffed was the night I checked in. Thereafter, it was unstaffed with the lobby and elevator easily accessed from the outside. Without any dishes, I could not use the kitchet facilities, and I could not get any from the front desk because it was not staffed. The pool had been pictured in the advertising. Imagine my surprise that it no longer existed. False advertising! Because I'd used Booking.com, I could not get a refund when I finally left in disgust 3 days early. I will not give this place another thought the next time I'm visiting family nearby!

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Thank you for returning to us once again. We would like to offer our sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations. We will verify the information on our website to make sure it is current and accurate so our guests are aware of our amenities and offerings. We truly regret the inconvenience caused, and please give us another chance to make it up to you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

If you smoke, this is the place for you. If you don't smoke beware. The staff is super nice but the hotel literally stinks. From the moment you enter the lobby, you smell it. I don't understand how / why a hotel still allows smoking in the year 2017.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

We sincerely apologize for the odor issues you experienced while being here. We work hard to provide a clean, fresh environment, and we're extremely sorry the smell compromised your otherwise pleasant visit. We will follow up on your concerns to ensure we are well poised to serve you better during your next stay. On a positive note, we are happy you liked our cordial staff. Please consider choosing us again so we can make it up to you.

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

The front desk staff are nice but not very helpful.i reported the wifi doesn't work they asked me to call help desk. Why is a customer supposed to call help desk isn't it the front desk responsibility ? The pull out bed was dirty. The a/c will only work in auto mode. I lived in extended stay deluxe before but this one is worst of all.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank NEEHAR G
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Neehar, we are disheartened to read your review. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. We assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable, and we will take immediate action to make sure it is not repeated again. We hope you will consider visiting us in the future so that we can make it up to you.