“Comfortable, but basic” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Piscataway
Svärta
“Comfortable, but basic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

The Hotel is a Suites-style hotel, catering mainly to business travellers staying for longer periods, although during my stay I noted several families taking advantage of it's reasonable prices too.

The hotel is situated at the intersection of two major thoroughfares and a car must be considered essential, since there is nothing within walking distance. The hotel has a large parking lot.

Rooms were fully equipped and clean, although a little basic. My room was a bit tired, with several dings and bits of minor damage. The hotel has no restaurant, although a 'grab and go' breakfast was offered each morning, consisting of excellent coffee, with apples, energy bars and instant DIY porridge. Clearly the hotel expects guest to mainly self-cater, probably not unreasonably. Dining out needs a car.

There was no in-room guidance to local dining places, supermarkets, cinemas etc so access to the internet or a GPS is useful to find these. However I found that the front-desk staff were also helpful and good at giving directions.

Free Wi-Fi was offered as standard, which was good, if a little slow. A faster Wi-Fi service was available at a $3 per day premium. A few TV channels were offered, but the range was fairly uninspiring and I pitied the families with small chidren staying there. There was a gym (a bit cramped, but fairly well equipped) and a small outdoor swimming pool. This was not attended and one could not swim alone, which means finding another guest who wants to swim with you (a bit limiting.....) However outside temperatures were too low for this to be an attraction during my stay anyway!

The single elevator was slow to arrive and travel and I quickly resorted to the stairs! I did not need to use the laundry facilities during my stay, but they appeared to be in good shape and offer everything one might need.

Staff were pleasant and helpful throughout my stay and gave a genuinely warm and welcoming 'family' feeling

In summary : A good value option for the long-term business traveller, provided that you have a car!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

It was a excellent and memorable stay at Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University. Corner suites are large and sunny. A pool side look is really great. must stay it is certainly one of the best places to stay in the region. Hotel Staff is very co-operative and is always ready to help and provide super service. The hotel manager (Dauoda) & his team including Samantha are really very helpful.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny. A pool side look is really great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found the Manager, Daouda, and his staff so helpful and accommodating. We work hard at trying to provide a "Home away from Home" experience; I am so happy to hear we accomplished that with you!

Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had an opportunity to stay at Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University; I must stay it is certainly one of the best places to stay in the region.

Dauoda (Dawood), The hotel manager & his team including Samantha, Emiliis, Jessica, Lauren, Cindy& Peter are simply Brilliant, Affable, Professional yet Courteous in nature. They always ensure a great level of service.

I've stayed here for couple of weeks in a row and I'd recommend this hotel to every fellow traveller.

Cheers!!
Jay D

Room Tip: Rooms with windows will surely offer great views & sunlight.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with the service you received and we exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great stay with 24X7 service and a really helpful staff all of them. I stayed here for more than 6 weeks and I never had any issues at all for anything. I highly recommend this hotel if one is looking for a real comfortable stay with great facilities. Awesome management..Cheers and I definitely look forward to another good period of stay at this Hotel in future once I am back..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University, responded to this review, March 22, 2013

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed for about one and a half months and we are pleased with the service. The staff, Paul, Cindy, Jessica, Lauren, Samantha, Ramon, Juni, Peter, Emilis and John (sorry if we missed out some names) were always helpful, friendly and easy to contact. We had a kitchen sink problem and Paul attended to it immediately and efficiently. The grab and go breakfast was great and nutritious. Parking and accessibility to expressways, malls and town centres was easy and convenient. The Wifi worked well and the kitchen has a nice big fridge with sufficient cooking utensils and a sofa bed for our son. We would definitely stay at Extended Stay America Piscataway for our next trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've stayed at many hotels over the past year being that I travel a lot for my new job and this Extended Stay was by far one of the better ones. I was blown away by how friendly the staff was and amazed how quickly they were able to get answers to any questions that I may have had. This was my first time staying at an Extended Stay, but it most certainly will not be my last.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I booked a 7 night stay at this hotel and checked out after 3 nights due to noisy, drunken guests, repeatedly waking me up. On the 3rd night of my stay, my next door neighbors decided to have a get together with their friends at 1:30 in the morning.
Furnishings aren't bad, but walls are paper thin and you can clearly hear your neighbor's voices, so you better hope you have quiet neighbors. Business travelers, avoid this hotel if you want a quiet, peaceful stay. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings about your stay. We want you to know that we are addressing the situations you have desribed. We would love to cater your needs in the future and give that " Home away from Home " expereince you did not recieve in your recent stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piscataway
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset
Radisson Piscataway
Radisson Piscataway
#3 of 4 in Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 4 in South Plainfield
Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway
Holiday Inn South Plainfield - P...
#2 of 4 in South Plainfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 16 in Somerset
Homewood Suites Somerset
Homewood Suites Somerset
#2 of 16 in Somerset

Been to Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University? Share your experiences!