“Paper Thin Walls, Noisy Hotel”

Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Piscataway
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Paper Thin Walls, Noisy Hotel”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I booked a 7 night stay at this hotel and checked out after 3 nights due to noisy, drunken guests, repeatedly waking me up. On the 3rd night of my stay, my next door neighbors decided to have a get together with their friends at 1:30 in the morning.
Furnishings aren't bad, but walls are paper thin and you can clearly hear your neighbor's voices, so you better hope you have quiet neighbors. Business travelers, avoid this hotel if you want a quiet, peaceful stay. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings about your stay. We want you to know that we are addressing the situations you have desribed. We would love to cater your needs in the future and give that " Home away from Home " expereince you did not recieve in your recent stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a total of four months and felt very satisfied with it.

Its a very nice hotel with supportive and caring staff, good equipments and clean&spatial rooms.

The kitchen in the room is convenient for use.

Great locations 5 minutes drive to supermarkets, great for family or long-term travelers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University, responded to this review, February 25, 2013

Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Very nice hotel; it is better than some of the other ext stays i have stayed, i think its is because it is converted from homestead studio suites. clean hotel; big rooms. One gripe i had was it did not have the option of late checkout most extended stay americas don't have it apparently. otherwise it was a very pleasant hotel. no restaurants nearby; need to drive 5 mins for the nearest restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with the service you received and we exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is an excellent location if you are looking for a quiet area and a nice hotel. The staff are very helpful and check in was quick and easy. The hotel has been refurbished and our room was clean and comfortable. Also, they do not charge for parking and have nice secure parking areas. I would highly recommend this hotel to other travelers, whether for long or short term stays!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University, responded to this review, January 29, 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The staff was excellent. I doubt it took a full minute to check me in, and most of that was explaining the internet (my fault, not the staff members). I had asked for a first floor room near the front, and that is exactly what they had ready for me. The room was very clean. It had been refurbished and was quite nice. The bathroom was the original 1970=80's, but the rest of the room was nice. I know renovating bathrooms is expensive, but to have a beautiful room and then an outdated bathroom is not consistnent.

I have stayed here before and would do so again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TonyBur
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you were so happy with your accommodations and service! Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My second go around at this location and could not have been happier. Quiet, homey, contemporary, well laid out, not too big and simply simple. They do not charge for parking and I actually expected to find a good amount of charges on my bill, for 4 or 5 different faxes I had them send for me during my stay, and where all other hotel have billed me up to 3.00 a page and a buck a page thereafter, these guys did not charge me a penny. The staff just smiles and is so accommodating. I had to argue with the clerk in one of the last towns I stayed in that did not have an ESA just to get an extra towel for my head, but when I mentioned how cold I easily get, these guys offered me extra towels, blankets and hot tea!!! This place rocks!

Room Tip: Mid way down any wing. Away from elevators and away from heavy doors by the back parking lot.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeana W
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Noida, India
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I LOVE staying at the extended stay americas! the room is neat and tidy, free wifi! the staff are very friendly and always with a smile, they will greet you in the hallway and seem to go the extra mile for the customer. very rare to find nowadays.

I must say few words about the Hotel Manager Douda also.He is such an excellent person, very co-operative, helped us in best ways during Sandy Hurricane. Highly impressed with his overall personality and attitude.

Other staffs are also good and will make you feel like home away from home.

Overall experience was excellent and I would highly recommend to my friends!

Room Tip: This is just like home away from home.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kumar_Amit1207
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Piscataway
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 5 in South Plainfield
Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway
Holiday Inn South Plainfield - P...
#3 of 5 in South Plainfield
Extended Stay America - Somerset - Franklin
Radisson Piscataway
Radisson Piscataway
#2 of 4 in Piscataway
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 16 in Somerset

Been to Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University? Share your experiences!