“Awesome”

Radisson Piscataway
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Piscataway
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I loved it .It was clean,nice ,wonderful service and when I went it was cold and I was glad that there pool was heated.It was awesome.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank sunshinebears

Reviewed March 19, 2009

This hotel is just wonderful. the front desk staff, housekeeping and resturant staff was amazing. The hotel management was very helpful with offering my company a great corporate rate for 2009. The hotel is very clean and is in a great location. I was able to catch a Rutgers basketball game which the shuttle service there dropped me off to, didn't have to wait in any lines are fight for parking. The property is juat about 5 minutes from Rutgers University, great place for families or students visiting Rutgers to stay. The outside patio and their pool is great to.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank SabrinaMarie
Reviewed November 25, 2008

I was in Piscataway on business for 3 nights in mid-Nov 2008. The area around the check-in desk was very elegant looking, and the check-in was rather quick. Since I was staying on a corporate rate, I was given tickets for 1 free drink from the bar, and 3 free breakfasts.
The ticket for a free drink was written for the day that I arrived, however, since I arrived after the bar had closed for the evening, the ticket was worthless. I brought the ticket to the check-in desk, told them of the circumstances, and they gave me a new ticket for the following night.
The breakfast was a wonderfully stocked buffet. There was bacon, sausage, and French toast. There was an assortment of fresh melons, and breakfast cereals available. A nice selection of fruit juices, and omelets made to order, with a large assortment of fillings.
I came back for the dinner menu, and was a little shocked by the prices, but the food was very tasty, and adequate portions.
In the hotel room, the room was very spacious, with a (sleep number) king sized bed to myself. There was a desk that was adequate for working.
There was a wonderful plate of fruit, and a cookie on the work desk. There was a refrigerator, with 2 (free) bottles of water in it. There was a bag of microwave popcorn available at the work desk, and a microwave to pop it.
In the bathroom there was a bunch of toiletries - mouthwash, a shower cap, a scrubbing puff, as well as the usual shampoo, and conditioner.
A news paper (USA Today) was delivered to my door every morning.
I would say that I would give them 99% praise. The one ut-oh was that on the night I checked in, the elevator closest to the check-in desk was broken, so I had to walk quite a distance to the next elevator, and that kind of gave me an uneasy feeling, but it was fixed by the next afternoon.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I stayed at the Radisson Pisacataway this past weekend for a scrapbook weekend with the girls (so basically it was a girls' weekend getaway.)

The hotel lobby and ballroom were both clean and well maintained. There is a nice little bar right off the lobby that does a very nice happy hour from 4-6 PM Monday through Friday. Prices were good at the bar (non happy hour grey goose appletini was only $7.50 ... happy hour price was only $3.50.) The bartenders were friendly and very eager to please. The restaurant is nicely decorated with comfortable seating. The catered food we had during the weekend was just eh. Bland penne vodka and over cooked chicken parm. The free breakfast that came with our rooms was gross. Scrambled eggs still swimming in liquid and hard bagels. Rubbery sausage and unripe fruit. Thankfully there is a Starbucks and a Panera Bread within a 10 minute drive. The staff at the check in desk were ALWAYS friendly and accomodating. The staff members who worked the restaurant and lobby area were always happy to help us with whatever we needed. We ordered food from an outside pizza place, and the staff from the restaurant offered to get us anything we desired. The gym was smallish ... one treadmill, two steppers and a recline bycycle ... also a nautilus machine for weights. It was a comfortable temperature for working out and the hotel provided fresh clean towels and cool water. There was also a TV in the gym, but I did not use it. The indoor pool was clean and looked inviting.

The rooms were clean for the most part. There was a spot of mildew in the grout of the tub, but other than that, the room was spotless. Complementary toiletries included shampoo, conditioner, hand and body soap, body gel, a loofah, a sewing kit, mouthwash, a vanity kit (cotton puffs, nail file and q tips) and a shower cap. It was replenished daily. The sleep number bed was divine! The blankets and pillows were clean and super soft. I slept so well. The hotel also included free wireless access throughout the hotel that worked very well everywhere I used it. The water pressure in the tub was nice, but I feel bad for anyone taller than me (5'4"). The shower head was only about 6 inches above my head ... a little awkward. Towels were absorbant and adequately sized. The cleaning staff did a decent job, but my room was cleaned very late in the day.

Plenty of parking in an oversized lot and no long waits at the elevators. We did have to go get our own luggage cart (which was a little annoying.)

I would recommend this hotel to friends, and I would happily return there.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed February 23, 2008

My family got delayed returning from Europe during a Newark snowstorm and were placed in the Radisson by Continental Airlines. As far as the usual unappealing choices provided during these situations, the Radisson was a nice property given the circumstances.

We had two adjacent rooms which were similar in configuration with two full/queen size beds. The beds were the Sleep-Number type which was nicely adjustable. The rooms are fairly simple but comfortable.

We had vouchers from Continental for food at the hotel. Each meal was a buffet that would best be described as standard. It was fine for a day, but I would not think the food would be very appetizing beyond that.

I used the workout room which was fine for a standard hotel. There was an indoor pool which looked fairly nice.

The biggest problem is if you actually need to get to and from the hotel from the Newark airport. We waited for quite sometime outside in the cold for the shuttle but were not able to get on because there were so many people already waiting. One person told me he had already waited an hour for the shuttle! We ended up taking a taxi that cost $75. Yikes.

Oh, there is decent wifi which I am using now to type this review as I wait for my return flight.

Overall, I think this is a reasonable property that could be considered with the other choices nearby.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank dukektown
Reviewed February 20, 2008

Most if not all rooms have been remodeled, spacious, below window AC can be kinda loud, tub real smakk and shallow as are most, nice ammenities, sleep number beds are great, clean, accomdating staff... for the money and the area a great deal for the business travler

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2007

We stayed here a year ago for Rutgers and had a good experience. This year was okay, but I'm not sure I'll automatically go here if the occasion warrants in the future.

The hotel is refurbishing rooms, so random old furniture is left in hallways at times. The tub in our room was peeling (clean, but the finish was worn and peeling). We specifically requested a regular bed, not a Sleep Number bed, as we hadn't had good rest on one at another place and needed to ensure we got sleep that night. The clerk thought, according to the computer, that she accommodated us, but when we got to the room, it had two full Sleep Number beds, exactly what we didn't want. She had to do a lot of extra checking to find where the regular beds were since her computer was wrong.

The hotel says it offers free high-speed internet, but the wireless didn't work in our room. I went out to the desk to ask if I could connect with an ethernet cable, and that clerk said it's wireless through the whole building. I've never had problems with my wireless card, so I'm pretty sure the signal was weak to worthless. I got one web page up, and the rest of the time it didn't work.

If you're staying at this hotel, you're likely driving. Next time I think we'll drive somewhere else and pass up this hotel and try another one.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank bad_driver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piscataway
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset
DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University
Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway
Holiday Inn South Plainfield - P...
#3 of 5 in South Plainfield
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 5 in South Plainfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 16 in Somerset

Been to Radisson Piscataway? Share your experiences!