“Nice good Hotel but isolated”

Radisson Piscataway
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Piscataway
Mississauga, Canada
“Nice good Hotel but isolated”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The hotel is very good - huge rooms, well maintained and good staff and all the necessities that you expect from Radisson. Clean well ventilated rooms - Good Internet connectivity - Nice bathrooms etc. The breakfast was also good though simple.
However the Hotel is located in an Industrial area and there is nothing for atleast a couple of iles around. And one needs to have a car to even go to a grocery shop. For visitors from outside of US - it would be tough.
But the advantage is - the Hotel provides a shuttle drop and pick up to the nearby offices.

Room Tip: You need to have a car.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Sunny C, General Manager at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Jagadish B,
We are glad that you took the time to write a nice review about our hotel. We are pleased to see that our efforts have been providing such wonderful feedback. We are aware that there are not many restaurant options on our street; however we have a wonderful restaurant that serves all meals as well as some ethnic and vegetarian choices. Please ask the next time you are here about other food options. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Hamilton, NJ
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We were already on the road & found this hotel via my GPS on my phone. They are off the beaten path & there really isn't anything else around. Except another hotel & 287.
I called ahead to check rates, the girl was VERY friendly & gave us the AAA rate even tho I forgot my card.

The room was VERY comfortable & clean, we got a good nights rest & got to relax a bit.
The breakfast was good but my only complaint is that there was confusion w/ the front desk. I had asked at check in if our breakfast was included & I was PRETTY sure the girl said it was, however the next morning, we were informed it was not. And I did not feel it was worth $12 per person. They did end up giving us the free breakfast, so kudos on the great customer service but in the future I will be more careful about finding out the details.

PLENTY of parking, there is an indoor pool & I think I saw a fitness center. The room had a mini fridge & microwave as well as a large TV & a desk. I would def. stay here again if I ever needed to stay in the area.

Room Tip: there is no view so any room is fine.rooms seem to be dry, put a cup of water on the heater & th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sunny C, General Manager at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Natrona, It is our pleasure to accommodate you. We are delighted that you felt comfortable and you would return to the property. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and we are confident that we can provide you a great stay every time you come. We look forward to seeing you again.
Andresy, France
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This hotel is right next to the office that I was visiting so was ideal location wise, but I was rather concerned by some of the comments that I had seen - but I needn't have worried at all.

The room was large, well equipped, very comfortable bed, easy and efficient temperature control, good sized well equipped bathroom.

The staff were polite and helpful and the breakfast buffet was good.

I'd be quite happy to stay here if I need to visit our Piscataway office again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sunny C, General Manager at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Andy D,
On behalf of the Radisson Hotel we would like to thank you for your contribution on trip advisor. We strive for 100% Guest Satisfaction and it is guests like you that allow us to feel confident in our product and services. We are looking forward to your continued patronage and we will continue to provide you with outstanding products and services.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 28, 2013

After driving several hours in frigid temperatures I was given a room at the far end of the hotel. The room temperature was 63 degrees. The ac/heat unit would not turn on manually or with the wall thermostat. Maintenance had to be called to come in and trip the switch underneath the unit. None of the light fixtures nor the sleep number beds were plugged in. The high speed wifi was faster from the adjacent Embassy Suites hotel than this one. The highlight of the stay was the complimentary breakfast...cold scrambled eggs, western potatoes and ham on the breakfast bar. The hot water, coffee and toast (which I toasted myself) were the warmest items on the menu. Do not make the mistake I made...choose another hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Juan W
Sunny C, General Manager at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Juan W,

We appreciate your feedback. The comments you shared with us are not the norm at our Hotel and we make every effort to make sure our guests enjoy their stay.

In an effort to "go green", all of our electric appliances are now energy efficient. Therefore, our air conditioning/heating units are made to only be on when someone is in the sleeping room. We would like you to return and we can make sure that your room prior to arrival is much more to your liking (based on the weather).

We did not receive any complaints about our breakfast buffet from you or any of our other guests regarding the temperature of the food on the day you were here.

We would like you to come back and stay with us and give us another chance to prove to you that our service and quality is much better than this last stay for you. Please contact our Sales Department directly for your reservation. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Travelers are raving about these Piscataway hotels

Lakewood, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed November 24, 2013

stay was just great. they have very nice big conference rooms we had a family reunion and hotel was very family friendly, rooms were very comfortable and they have many adjoining rooms so you can enjoy a stay with kids privately and safe.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
It is our pleasure to host your family events. We understand your needs and we strive for excellence in making sure that your reunions are comfortable and memorable. The hotel layout is, like you stated, perfect for family events and parties of all types. Thank you again for staying with us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have no idea how this hotel managed to get an agreement with the airlines at Newark International to house passengers stranded overnight. Perhaps they thought that they could treat us at a sub-human level because we were stuck with them as the only option for the night, but the desk staff was completely rude and very short with every question anyone asked. The shuttle to the airport only ran every hour and half, and it was a 45 minute drive to the airport, which cut into our precious little sleep time before we had to get back for our next flights.

The real problems were with the hotel itself though:
1. There was no hot water. The only thing I really wanted after a long day of horrible experiences at the airport was a good shower, and that was a no go.
2. The refrigerator did not work. This left me throwing away my precious breast milk supply and having to go without on my second day of travel alone with an infant (not fun!).
3. One of my fellow stranded passengers left her room because there was an enormous cockroach in it.
4. There were no toiletry supplies to be purchased. Can I just say that it is the WORST when you are unexpectedly stranded overnight and you can't brush your teeth.

The only bright spot in this horrible experience was the personality of the driver for the airport shuttle...they should make him the manager, and maybe the experience would be better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank HaveBabyWillTravel97
Sunny C, General Manager at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest, we sincerely apologize if you were inconvenienced. We understand that airlines have cancellations and last minute delays as we work diligently to make your stay the most comfortable. We have noted your complaints and will make sure that this will not happen in the future.
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Very nice rooms, liked them very much, especially that they use hard locks on the room doors which is very useful for orthodox Jews on Sabbath, most other hotels use electronic keys to enter the room which can't be used on Sabbath.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sunny C, General Manager at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments here. Yes, we are one of the few hotel that are Kosher Event friendly and we work very hard to ensure that you enjoy your stay and have all the amenities that you require for your Shabbos. We also have a new dedicated Kosher Event Manager that has over 25 years of experience! Your group is ensured to have a wonderful time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piscataway
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset
Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University
DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Homewood Suites Somerset
Homewood Suites Somerset
#3 of 16 in Somerset
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 5 in South Plainfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 16 in Somerset

Been to Radisson Piscataway? Share your experiences!