“Very good restaurant for large portions of delicious food”
Review of Don Pepe II

Don Pepe II
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Pine Brook
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Don Pepe II is a family-style restaurant that offers a range of food items and wines. Its appetizer menu includes calamares a la Madrilena, mariscos a la vinagreta, gambas al ajillo, almejas marinera, vieras Don Pepe, champinones a la Espanola and chorizos a la plancha. Don Pepe II serves paella a la valenciana, mariscada en salsa verde and langosta al horne. Don Pepe II offers party rooms for birthdays, holiday parties and corporate events. It provides gift certificates of several denominations. Don Pepe II is located in Pine Brook, N.J.
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Went with a group of ten and were seated at very nice round table. We shared appetizers and the garlic mushrooms and special chips that were served were a standout

Portions are huge and the waiter never suggested sharing. Wish he had.

The table ordered a berries jubilee since we heard it was outstanding but it looked lackluster so I didn't same it.

The house salad and shrimp in green sauce were excellent. Very mixed reviews on the clams oreganata. You either lived or hated.

Would like to try the lobster next time. Great for large groups and large appetites. All in all. Very solid food made for a very enjoyable meal

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went to celebrate a 25th anniversary dinner. The lobsters were great and well priced. The steak was also very good. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Was there about a few weeks ago the steaks where huge my wife had the mariscada in the red sauce it was very flavorful the wait staff was friendly and attentive nice old classic.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have come here a couple of times now with colleagues and clients. I had the prime rib on the bone and as a UK national I am always bewildered and amazed at the size and taste of steaks in the US. However Don Pepe seems to be understated for such a great selection. The sides were great but the wine and the steak were above and beyond what I expected for a $35 slab of meat. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

My family and I have been regulars at Don Pepe II for many years. We always came here for birthdays, Father's Day, Mother's Day, etc. It worked out to about 4 times a year. We don't get here as much as we used to, but our last 2 visits were incredibly disappointing. One dinner was in April 2013 and the other was last month. On both occasions my mother ordered the filet mignon cooked medium-well. On both occasions it came out still moo-ing, with the plate running in blood. Both times it was sent back. During the 2013 visit, while an inconvenience, it came back to the table better the second time around. However, last month, it came back charred and dried up like the leather on your shoe. Not only that, but the waiter proceeded to stand at the table and berate us for not sending it back again. Of course, all this was going on while my dinner sat on the table getting cold. No one offered to cover it or take it back to the kitchen to keep it warm. I had to ask them to do just that. Our waiter stated that the cook misread the order the first time. If that is the case, then they need a new cook since he can't seem to cook a piece of EXPENSIVE meat to order as evidenced by the two strikes already experienced. They tried to make good by offering dessert, but after 10 minutes of the waiter standing at the table arguing with us, I didn't feel like staying any longer. FYI - the restaurant was NOT busy. The front room was less than 1/2 full at the time of our visit. I am sad to say that we will not be coming back to this restaurant. It just isn't the same anymore.