“It's tiny but it's mighty!”
Review of Joe's Steak Shop

Joe's Steak Shop
Ranked #9 of 87 Restaurants in Phillipsburg
Ocala, FL
“It's tiny but it's mighty!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We used to live in NJ and all the locals know this place. It's been there for years and not much has changed. The steak sandwiches are awesome. You can get them with mild or hot sauce which you can also purchase and take home, as well as the raw meat itself, to make your own. (I've done that many times over the years.) The rolls are good but not as good as when they got them from the New York Italian bakery which hasn't been around for a long time. We now live in FL and there is NOWHERE you can get a steak sandwich with sauce and that's a real pity, so we make our annual trek back to Phillipsburg and get our satisfaction. You can also get burgers, or fish if you want, but my recommendation is if you're going there, get the steaksandwich!

• Visited September 2013

Pittstown, New Jersey
“I Don't Get It”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Many have told me this is the place to go for a cheese steak, so I did. Not at all impressed. Order taking and service were good. The cheese steak sandwich was bready and dry. Certainly could have paced more grease on the sandwich and/or used fresher rolls. Not a fan and likely will not go here again. There are much better places.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank NJ_Visitor
Nashville, Tennessee
“Gotta have it!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My parents ate here on engagement night when my Mom accidentally started the car to get warm and ran the car thru the building. Still the same family and every time I go back I've got to have one or 2 of these. GREAT food and a simple place.

Visited October 2012