“Good food - great prices - Nice owners!”
Review of Clove

Clove
Ranked #7 of 87 Restaurants in Phillipsburg
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

If you like Indian food, this is the best in the area. Can easily compete with Indian restaurants in big cities which was a surprise to find in Warren County. Food is all fresh, well made and the owners are very accommodating. The restaurant is clean and tastefully decorated. So many great dishes here -- have NEVER been disappointed. The Buffet is a screaming deal. BYOB.

My worst fear is that more people don't start eating here and they go out of business. Several food establishments have come and gone from this little strip mall on Stryker's Road in Lopatcong, NJ. So please come check it out!

1  Thank 0713London

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Had lunch buffet .first time in a Indian restaurant. Nice assortment of different items. Most spicy an not labeled . Coconut soup very good. . Not sure what I was eating. Might try again. Just not my type of food

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Like other reviewers have stated, Clove is great ! We have been here two times and will be returning for more. First time we got takeout and received generous portions nicely prepared and packaged in a take out bag. The second time was for the Wednesday buffet. Two people for $24 at a BYO is fine by me. Inside the restaurant is tastefully decorated and extremely clean.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been eating at Indian restaurants for over three decades, all over the world, except sadly, India itself. That being said, I have had everything from the abysmal to the sublime. I would rate the food here as superb. You can really tell that the owner-chef cares deeply about making wonderful food for customers he really cares about.

We started with the Aloo Tikki Chaat as an appetizer - a wonderful surprise! Fantastic presentation with a "twist" for a very typical dish. We followed up with the Lamb Rogan Josh, which I have ordered from a number of area restaurants - this is by far the best. From presentation, to the incredibly balanced flavors (so savory!), and the generous portion of lamb meat - we were not disappointed! We always order Sag Paneer - we love the spinach and home-made Indian cheese - and this was by far the best version I have had in years.

We could taste that the food was made from incredibly fresh ingredients, and the was service not only friendly but downright familial. Most Indian restaurant have an overly "touristic" interior; this one is tasteful and pleasant. Not high style, but quite comfortable. It's obvious this is a family owned and operated establishment, but everyone is very professional and competent. A truly enjoyable experience. We will be back weekly - to get our fix!

Recommendation: depending on your tolerance for heat ("hot"-ness or capsaicin), I recommend the ordering "mild-plus" up to "medium-plus". The lower is good for those who prefer blander foods, the higher is for those who like a little kick. I prefer the higher, but this range will balance the "hot" with the other wonderful and complex flavors the varied spices used bring to Indian food generally, and to this restaurant's exceptional take on this cuisine, in particular.

2  Thank archemie
Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you're new to Indian food, or just want to try something that you usually don't order, you can't beat the variety and value of the Wednesday Night Buffet for $12.00 a person which includes unlimited naan bread.
There are at least 8 different dishes, all freshly prepared, salads, and dessert.
Also it's a BYOB.