“Great Peruvian Food”

Cuisines: Peruvian
NYC
“Great Peruvian Food”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Very good food with a wonderful owner who loves to share stories of the food, culture and life in Peru. Be prepared to wait for your food since it is all made fresh and the staff is limited.

Roasted Corn Kernals are the typical starter placed on your table while you are waiting. The seafood dish is reminiscent of a Boulibaisse with wonderful Peruvian spcies. The menu is varied and offers dishes that most americans would never think of trying, but there are plenty of traditional foods such as chicken or steak. BYOB

Visited November 2012

New Jersey
“Authentic Peruvian Food”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A welcome addition to the P'burg area! This place is the real deal when it comes to Peruvian food. I went there for dinner with a friend who has spent time in Peru, and this freind commented how delicious and authentic it was. In comparison to the other Peruvian places he has tried, Inca Peruvian was at the top of his list. I can't remember everything we tried, but the patatas "huracainas" were among the dishes we ordered. They were great. All of the platos we sampled were really flavorful. The menu is also quite extensive and the portions were huge. The prices are super reasonable as well.

Service seems to be an afterthought here though. We were the only table in the dining room (until other people arrived toward the end of our meal), and it took us a long time to get the server's attention to get anything, including the check, which took like 15 minutes to get. If the restaurant is busy, I understand. But if it's empty, it shouldn't take that long. That said, if you don't mind "laid back" service, it is definitely worth a try!

• Visited September 2012
Frenchtown, New Jersey
“I Feel Like I'm in Peru!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our trips to Inca Peruvian started out of a need to eat before seeing a movie at the neighboring theater and soon became an experience in of itself. My husband and I have come to really enjoy this restaurant for the family home cooking that makes us feel like we're in a South American home. They are often out of menu selections but will gladly accommodate requests. The staff are friendly and helpful. Tabby is delightful. I tell them what I like and they prepare it to my liking. My husband loves the lamb stew and each of the chicken dishes he has ordered. Although the Peruvians have rice and beans with egg for breakfast, I enjoy it for dinner and ask for a side of vegetables. It's a lot of food. We always leave with doggy bags. There is live music the first Saturday of each month and they have the authentic South American flare. We're traveling to South America shortly and our visits to Inca Peruvian are helping us to get excited for our trip. If you enjoy inexpensive causal dining with more home cooked Peruvian food than you can eat this is the place to go.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank AnAdventureAddict
new york
“Unexpected Phillipsburg delight”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Amazing to find such a restaurant in P'burg, and it would have been equally surprising in Manhattan. Three of us went, and enjoyed the phenomenal seafood chowder (I can't think of the Spanish name), fried rice dish, and plantains. The portions were enormous and the food really superb. (I wish I hadn't eaten so many of the delicious roasted corn snack served while we were considering what to order -- I'd have had a little more room for everything else.) The atmosphere was cheerful and friendly. We chatted with the very friendly owner/waitress, married to the owner/cook, who explained dishes to us. She told us that the plates decorating the walls were given to her by their friends. We felt we'd been invited into a community. Excellent food; charming experience.

• Visited February 2012