“Muy Bueno”

Bonao
Ranked #5 of 85 Restaurants in Perth Amboy
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed July 28, 2016

The best Latin food in the area, Bonao serves plenty of delicious Dominican inspired cuisine and a very reasonable price. The Pernil (roasted pork shoulder or butt) is tender and flavorful and the accompanying rice and beans ( I get the arroz con gondules {rice with pigeon peas}). A plate of maduro completes the dish.

I have only ever gotten take out but their recent move into a nicer and larger space looks inviting, if a bit frenetic.

This is not where you want to go on a first date but other than that, you can't go wrong.

Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

Have been coming here the past couple years. Had dinner and ordered the pork chop/fried chicken/fried snapper with yellow rice/pigeon peas. Excellent food and service!

Reviewed April 22, 2016 via mobile

I used to swear by this place before the opened the new location. My family and friends looked forward to go here and we spent a lot of money but since they built the new place it's just went down hill. No one knows English !!! The food isn't a tasty. It's always unorganized and way too crowded and the waitresses aren't as kind like they used to be. Fix the beans the rice is hard and the steak taste which uses to be a favorite of mine is so bland !!! Seriously when you have as much customers as this place does you need to keep your people happy !!

Reviewed August 26, 2015

Crowded, noisy, long wait for food. Unfriendly staff. Limited English. Better Dominican food anywhere in Perth Amboy. Try Quisquea on Madison Avenue. Best Sancocho in town!

1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed March 17, 2015

If you are looking for something small, local, homie and really really good, then this is the place to go if you are near or in Perth Amboy! This is my home town and I must say out of all of the local spanish restaurant we have to choose from, this is my favorite. Not only is the food really good but the waitress and the owner is just awesome. They are attentive, personable, courteous and kind and the Prices are dirt Cheap!!! LIke I said it's small but it's good - just fit right in. Please don't be discouraged if the asian lady comes in and tries to sale you some videos -- expect it - its a local hometown restaurant. it's safe and friendly!. Whenver I want spanish food, I drive 50 minutes from my home to this place. I order the Yellow Rice and Peas, Plantains and Fried Red Snapper YUMMY! This little Dominican Restaurant is the best spanish food in the world! Oh my goodness I simply love it.

1  Thank angelampowell