“Quite happy to visit”

Ranked #27 of 80 Restaurants in Perth Amboy
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Terrazza is a modern restaurant inspired by Cuban, Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American cuisines. Here we provide a casual upscale dining experience, including an outstanding selection of the finest food and beverage quality at an affordable price. Our mission is to serve exquisite Latin food that represents diverse Hispanic culture with an innovative approach of blending traditional dishes with a creative touch, which delivers a unique experience to fulfill our guests’ expectations. Our restaurant offers unique décor and atmosphere that provides an inviting space for social gatherings, casual or sophisticated dining occasions, and private events for large groups. Whether you are coming in for lunch, dinner, happy hour, take-out service or late night drinks, Terrazza will quickly become your favorite place to dine.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Terrazza was within walking distance from where we were staying, so it seemed like a restuarant to check out. I had a steak that was so tender, it must have been prepared in a slow cooker. My wife had a fish dish served in a garlic sauce that was also good. My son had a bacon cheese burger that he said was very good.

1  Thank FlyAtNIght
There are newer reviews for Terrazza

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband, daughter and I went here one Thursday evening. First thing Ill say is they do fill up quickly so the earlier you go the better. The atmosphere in the restaurant and bar are both very nice. The bread comes with a delicious guava butter and the menu consists of dishes from many Spanish cultures. We had the Meriscada Verde (mixed seafood in a green sauce) and chimichurri Steak. The Steak was cooked and seasoned perfectly, the seafood was good but was not seasoned enough although the sauce was delicious. For dessert we had the best Tres Leches cake I've ever had, very moist, and a very interesting and tasty cheese and Guava dish. Will definitely try again

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I visited this restaurant since I bought a living social deal. It's in Perth Amboy which is just plain out of the way and it seems like there are a thousand twists and turns to get her. But once you do it is worth it. The food is very good and light. The guava butter is AWESOME. That alone would keep me coming back. I ordered the tilapia with a lemon butter sauce which was good.

I was a little disappointed that I had to order from a limited menu because of the living social but the options were diverse in both the apppetizer and the dinner menu had something for everyone. The deserts offered were very limited. I can't wait to go back and order off the main menu since they have a large array of items and they are reasonably priced.

This restaurant is a hidden gem. If they do another living social I will be telling all my friends to go. It might be easier to persuade them to take the ride into Perth Amboy. The staff and the food make the visit worthwhile. The food will make you come back. The food here was comparable to what you could get in MIami which means alot.

Make a reservation if you have a large party or you know where you want to sit.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husbands business associates who travel extensively and eat all types of cuisine were looking to try some place new and different, we found this restaurant and all were pleasantly surprised with the decor, food and service. Billed as contemporary Latin American food, there were a number of traditional Cuban and puerto rican dishes and a very varried menu offering something for everyone. A group of 4 we shared and really enjoyed the appetizers - croquettes, platano relleno, beef empanadas. Entrees selected included ropa vieja (shredded and seasoned beef), pernil (roasted pork), mofongo con pernil (mashed plantain stuffed with roast pork and served with a side of roast pork). All entrees came with tostones, rice and black beans. Everything was cooked and seasoned expertly! The pork was outstanding, the black beans and ropa veija were delicious! Service was outstanding as well, our waitress Jasmine was friendly and attentive but not intrusive. The meal was staged well, with the perfect amount of time between courses. Jasmine gave us a strong endorsement for the flan, and she was right! We all agreed, it was the best flan we ever had and it is a must try!! On our way out the general manager Joel introduced himself, thanked us for coming and asked us for our honest feedback on the meal. We were very impressed with all aspects, we will be back and do not hesitate to recommend. One final thought, the restaurant has its own generously sized parking lot right outside and also has a separate door for take out orders.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I had the opportunity to visit this restaurant for this first time very recently, as per recommendation from a friend. We got a very good impression of the restaurant as soon as we arrived - great space, very nice contemporary decor, convenient parking, stage for music band, tables outside. The menu looked really interesting, mixing Spanish/Portuguese, Cuban, and Puerto Rican dishes among others.

We decided to sit outside (we were the only ones outside), and there was always someone attending to our table. We decided to go rather light on the dinner and only order some dishes from the Starters menu. I ordered a Plantain soup with cilantro cream that absolutely fantastic, oh my!! My husband ordered the Caldo Gallego which he found a bit too salty. For appetizers, We ordered the Croquetas Habaneras which were OK, but not outstanding (also a bit salty). We had the Ensalada de Pulpo (octopus salad); it was tasty but would have loved to have more octopus in it (the octopus was thinly sliced, not in small chunks). We also ordered the Almejas Portuguesas (steamed clams) which unfortunately were way too salty!

For dessert we decided to share a Torta Tres Leches; presentation was great, with few sliced strawberries and blueberries on the side, but the cake in itself was just OK, nothing extraordinary (could have been more moist).

Overall, my husband was not impressed with the food. I plan to go back again with a group of friends and we'll make sure to try some of the main entrees. But if you are watching your salt intake or just don't look super salty dishes, please make sure to mention that when ordering dishes.

NOTE: Please keep in mind that the online menu is not up-to-date with the menu offered at the restaurant.