“A relief when we walked through the door. Great room & nice people.”

Hampton Inn Pennsville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pennsville
Moyock, North Carolina
“A relief when we walked through the door. Great room & nice people.”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Made our reservations while on the road. Kris at the front desk was great. Room felt so good, it was CLEAN, well planned out and so comfortable. The lobby is well designed too. Breakfast was good and convenient. Best hotel of the vacation. From now on Hampton Inns are our go to hotels.

Room Tip: We had a room on the expressway side and noise was no problem.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Pennsville! I will be glad to give Kris, our front desk agent, your kudos. I'm happy you enjoyed your comfy guestroom and our new lobby design! We're so pleased to be noted as the best hotel of your vacation, it makes us very happy that we made you happy. Best Wishes!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Gloversville NY
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We checked in after a long day and after we checked in the girl who was at the desk gave us items for valentines day!! they had a bar with happy hour and some food..breakfast had many choices of things and they had bags to go..much more than some hotels do..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello, and thank you for choosing to stay with your family at the Hampton Inn Pennsville! Your 5 star review means the world to us! We're so glad that you enjoyed your Valentine's goodies upon check in, the lobby bar with happy hour, and our large variety of breakfast items. We enjoy pleasing our guests, your feedback is a gift!
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed many times at this hotel and have always left impressed. The front desk staff, specifically Kris and Brandi, are incredibly polite and helpful. Management is very approachable and you leave feeling as though they truly care if you enjoyed your stay. Due to allergies, the staff always ensures that my room is free from the standard down pillows and feathers. The rooms are well kept and spacious.

The bar staff (yes, they have a bar) is very friendly and accommodating as well, though I must say the new lobby/ bar layout has me a bit confused. The single TV is the lobby area is tucked into a corner which allows it to be viewed by a very limited number of patrons and directly across from a window which shows a large glare if you're trying to watch at breakfast. Maybe I just don't like change, but I definitely preferred the previous setup. It seemed to make more sense.

This layout change, however is definitely not enough to keep me from coming back. As a frequent traveler (70+ hotel stays/yr) I can honestly say that this staff is by far the most personable and helpful out of any I've stayed at.

As for the reviews which have issues with the surrounding area - that's all there is. The hotel makes it bearable. At least you are close to something. The Holiday Inn requires a drive to anything besides a travel plaza. Unfortunately if you're staying for nightlife and dining, I recommend crossing the bridge and staying in Wilmington. If you are staying for business or if you don't mind driving 15 minutes for something besides Applebee's, Cracker Barrel, Subway, Dunkin Donuts or McDonalds (all literally in the Hampton parking Lot) than you won't find a better hotel in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steven F
HamptonInnPV, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Hello and thank you very much for continually staying with us at the Hampton Inn Pennsville! It is our pleasure to make you feel at home when you're on the road, and if that means making your bed with hypo-allergenic sheets...then we're on it! We do care if you have a great stay with us because the best feedback we can get is from our guests.

Thanks for noting our great bar staff and our new perfect mix lobby area. I understand that the new layout can be confusing, but we are embracing the change to be a little more modern. We're happy that the new lobby layout won't deter you from staying with us again, we'd miss you! Thank you again for your continued business and your great review of the Hampton Inn Pennsville.
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Truly overpriced for the area. Not nearly as nice as the other Hampton Inns. Clean rooms though. Housekeepping staff was wonderful. Most of the front desk staff was nice as well, actually all but one. NOTHING to eat in the area. Local restaurants consist of Appleby's, Crackel Barrel and McDonalds and there's DiPalo's - but expect to spend $45+ for dinner for one WITHOUT cocktails.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank BigFabricLover
HamptonInnPV, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for reviewig your stay at the Hampton Inn Pennsville. We appreicate your feedback. I am sorry that you felt our Hampton Inn is over priced for the Pennsville area, but am I glad that your recieved great service at our hotel with a friendly housekeeping staff and pleasent front desk agents. Safe travels! - Hampton Inn Pennsville
Eaton, Colorado, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for 10 nights while in New Jersey for my aunt's funeral. I spoke with the receptionist on two different occasions about adjusting my rate since I had extended my stay several days and was told twice my rate for each night would be reduced to $99 per night. I therefore said I would be willing to stay at that rate for my entire trip only to find out after several days that the manager had refused this and I would be charged the full amount. I do not appreciate this after being reassured twice that the rate was lowered. I have two to three more upcoming 10 day trips to New Jersey and will look for a hotel that will honor their rates.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you were visiting under unfortante cricumtances. Our front desk agents are not permitted to negotiate pricing. We we will gladly refund you the $10 per night due to this misunderstanding. Please call the hotel at 856-351-1700 and ask for the General Manager. We hope to make this situation right so that we may exceed your expectations in the future. - Jeff Denbo, General Manager
new york
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights on January 9 and 10 because we had to attend a family funeral in the area. When we made the reservation we were not told about the construction, but we could deal with that. What was infuriating (and what brought my elderly mother to tears) was that the manager (who seemed to absent from the premises for countless hours) could not extend our check out time on the day of the funeral for even two hours. Any other hotel I have stayed at does that as a courtesy. Any despite the fact that my cousin was told by the front desk that they would drop his rate by $10 a night because of his extended stay, the manager refused to honor the request. Get a new manager!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank casualtraveler2
Hello, I would like to apologize for your unsatisfactory experience at our hotel during this tough family time. Please contact the hotel and ask for our General Manager, Jeff Denbo. He will be more than happy to discuss these issues with you and make the situation right. Warm Regards.
New London, Connecticut
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Work has me stay in the Pennsville area 3 to 4 times a month and, if I can get a room, I will not stay anywhere else. The rooms are well kept and always clean and the lobby (complete with bar) are nice ammenities, however the staff is what keeps me coming back. From the management down, service at this hotel is truly second to none. From check in to check out they work hard to provide a great experiance and exceed all expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnPV, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your 5-star review of the Hampton Inn Pennsville! We happy to see you every month!
We sincerely appreciate your kind comments and can't wait for you to experience our new perfect mix lobby! Thanks again for your review, we're happy that you feel like family.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pennsville
Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington
Comfort Inn & Suites Carney's Point
Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana

Been to Hampton Inn Pennsville? Share your experiences!