“Never Again”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pennsville
new york
“Never Again”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights on January 9 and 10 because we had to attend a family funeral in the area. When we made the reservation we were not told about the construction, but we could deal with that. What was infuriating (and what brought my elderly mother to tears) was that the manager (who seemed to absent from the premises for countless hours) could not extend our check out time on the day of the funeral for even two hours. Any other hotel I have stayed at does that as a courtesy. Any despite the fact that my cousin was told by the front desk that they would drop his rate by $10 a night because of his extended stay, the manager refused to honor the request. Get a new manager!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank casualtraveler2
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hello, I would like to apologize for your unsatisfactory experience at our hotel during this tough family time. Please contact the hotel and ask for our General Manager, Jeff Denbo. He will be more than happy to discuss these issues with you and make the situation right. Warm Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New London, Connecticut
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Work has me stay in the Pennsville area 3 to 4 times a month and, if I can get a room, I will not stay anywhere else. The rooms are well kept and always clean and the lobby (complete with bar) are nice ammenities, however the staff is what keeps me coming back. From the management down, service at this hotel is truly second to none. From check in to check out they work hard to provide a great experiance and exceed all expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnPV, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your 5-star review of the Hampton Inn Pennsville! We happy to see you every month!
We sincerely appreciate your kind comments and can't wait for you to experience our new perfect mix lobby! Thanks again for your review, we're happy that you feel like family.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Had not booked this hotel, walked in from the road, staff extemely helpful, there was building work being done in reception area which they apologised for, room was clean and comfortable, next day we were given a to go breakfast, we have never just walked in to a hotel from the road so were pleased with our choice.

• Stayed December 2012
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Hello, Road Warriors! We are always pleased to help whether you reserve a room or simply walk in. I am glad that you had great experience and I hope that you come back to enjoy our new perfect mix lobby once it's completed next month! Thank you for all of your kind comments.
PA
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Another great stay at our home away from home! We love this hotel. Always clean and the staff is great! I am the GM of a hotel in Gettysburg, PA and I am very picky. This hotel never disappoints us. Love it here and am always glad to come back!! Thank you again for a wonderful time!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Welcome Back! We are extactic that you enjoyed your stay once again. We can't tell you how appreciative we are to get a pat on the back from someone in the biz, it means a lot. Safe Travels!
Tampa, FL
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Staff is one of the best of any hotel I have stayed at and I spend 75 nights a year on the road. One morning they even had an employee cleaning the snow off of the cars parked in their lot. Super friendly. Rooms are kept clean though they are dated but a renovation is coming soon. Good fitness center with Precor equipment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnPV, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for saying that our staff is one of the best around! We are the best because we have the best guests, of course! We sincerely appreciate your business and we are excited to share the process of our renovations with you. Looking forward the next 75 nights in 2013!
columbia maryland
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

On the other side of the Delaware bridge.
Everyone was very nice the room was clean and bright. It is within walking distance of an Applebee's I would stay there again and Telly friends about it. They have a small
Bar and free drinks in the after noon

• Stayed October 2012
Thanks for your feedback! I am happy to hear that you found our guestrooms clean and inviting and that you were able to enjoy our Manager's Reception at the lobby bar during your stay. We wish you all the best for a happy and safe holiday season!
Md USA
Reviewed November 12, 2012

nice, clean hotel. check-in was very quick and efficient. Check-in person not the most pleasant I have met but she did her job efficiently. Bed very comfortable. Nice Fitness Center with good working equipment. Very convenient location just off I-95 if one is doing a long trip and need a stop-over. The breakfast was good and filling. Breakfast hostess was very pleasant and helpful. I believe her name was Debbie. Just stayed for 1 night but was sufficient time to get a good impression.Housekeeping staff was very pleasant and courteous. Would definitely go back!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Pennsville. I am sorry that your experience was a little under par during check-in. Although efficient, we pride ourselves on customer service at the front desk and I am sorry that you were not greeted in the most pleasant way. I am happy that you were able to utilize jump, our fitness center, and that you enjoyed our On the House Hot Breakfast with our veteran hostess Debbie! I am excited to tell her that she was mentioned! We look forward to having you back again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pennsville
Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington
Comfort Inn & Suites Carney's Point
Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District

Been to Hampton Inn Pennsville? Share your experiences!