“One night stay on way to NY city”

Hampton Inn Pennsville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pennsville
Norfolk, Virginia
“One night stay on way to NY city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were travelling up to NY city and wanted to break up the trip from Virginia since we were travelling with our four year old and my parents. This was the perfect place to stop if you are coming from the south and want to break up a trip to NYC because it is right at the end of the Delaware Memorial Bridge and right before the Jersey Turnpike. A couple of decent restaurants within walking distance (Cracker Barrel & Applebees). Loved the warm cookies on our return from dinner. Nice clean rooms. Pleasant staff. Breakfast was a nice bonus. Will definitely stay here again when we travel to NYC.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnPV, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for this great review of your stay at the Hampton Inn Pennsville. We are so happy that you and your family were able to enjoy a nice break on your trip from Virginia to New York! Thank you for mentioning our convenient location just off the Delaware Memorial Bridge with some great food options, warm cookies in the lobby for a quick treat, and our On the House Hot Breakfast Buffet! We're looking forward to your next stay-over!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I just stayed here last night and I miss it already! I assumed I would have a clean, comfortable, typical Hampton Inn stay, but I did not anticipate the extras here. First, the front desk staff are amazing! They were just as friendly as other reviews have mentioned. Second, there was a bar in the breakfast area. The prices were good and the bartender was nice and helpful. There was a large group staying there and making use of the bar while I was there-everyone was friendly and it felt comfortable-great social atmosphere. The location was also very good. When making the reservation I wanted to stay in Wilmington but for some reason the hotel there are priced way too high, so I was disappointed to have to stay so far away (turns out it wasn't far at all)- now I have a regular hotel to seek out when staying in the area! I can't say enough positive things about this hotel; I highly recommend it!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank number2cac
HamptonInnPV, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hello, We are extremely pleased that such an experienced travel reviewer, like yourself had a fantastic stay with us at the Hampton Inn Pennsville while on business! I cannot wait to share your great review with our staff. And we miss you too, can't wait to see you again!
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We can always count on the Hampton Inn Pennsville for a wonderful time! Room was clean and comfortable! Staff always great! It is our home away from home! The staff even had a little gift for me because we were there shortly after my 60th birthday! We will continue to stay here! Thank you again for a wonderful visit!! And a big hello to Ollivia! She is the best!!! You cannot go wrong at this hotel!! I have been in the hotel business for 33 years and this is a great place!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnPV, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Happy Birthday! We are so glad to hear that you can count on us for a wonderful get away! I look forward to sharing your big hello with Ollivia when I see her next. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Pennsville, we love having you here.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

The staff at the Hampton Inn in Pennsville are great. The hotel also has a very welcoming lobby and bar area. I've never seen so much attentiveness to the breakfast area before.

The only downsides I've noticed are the lack of a "Suite Shop" -- I was in bed for a day due to food poisoning and there wasn't a suiteshop I could go and grab some medication and fluids. They have vending machines and a small medicine vending machine, but it's much more convenient to bill to the room at a suite shop (especially when you're sick and there's no ATM on property).

The only other issue I've had is stuffy rooms -- the windows do not open for the rooms, so the rooms can get quite stuffy, especially if the air conditioner is acting up.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We value feedback from Senior Reviewers, like yourself. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are very attentive and focused on customer service at the Hampton Inn Pennsville. We want you to feel like you are at home away from home. We do not have a suite shoppe or an ATM on property, and I apologize for this inconvenience during your illness. Also, most hotel room windows do not open for safety reasons. If at any time you experience stuffiness or issues with our A/C Units, please dial 0 on you guestroom phone, so we can send a maintenance manager to your room take care of that for you. We are happy that you experienced a good stay, and we hope to see you again soon when you travel to the area for business again.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed at Hampton Inn- Pennsville for a two day business trip. The breakfast, evening snack, warm cookies and evening social happy hour was so convenient and relaxing. Additionally, the staff was so attentive! I know that I kept thinking in my head, "Is this a Hampton Inn?" One evening the weather was really bad, so I jokingly asked for the shuttle to a restaurant in walking distance. Without hesitating, they delivered me and my co-worker safe, sound and dry to our destination for dinner. Kudos to Ollivia Willis, Mike P. Kris Latney and Ruby M for their excellent customer service!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Robin P, Thank you for choosing to stay with us while on business. It's great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our happy hour at the lobby bar with snacks and drinks, but most importantly, I am happy that our staff kept you and your co-worker company when on the road away from home. I hope you enjoyed your dinner, out of the rain, and I will gladly pass along your kind comments to Ollivia, Mike, Kris, and Ruby for exceeding your expectations! Now that's Hamptonality!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here after a long days travel. Check-in staff were friendly and obliging, rooms and bed very comfortable and breakfast very good. The only complaint would be the late pool opening time of 10am. We would have liked to swim before breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stop over! We're sorry that the pool doesn't open until 10am. We test the water around 9am to check the levels before opening it which causes a short delay. All in all, we are happy that you slept well in our Hampton Bed Experience, and are glad that you were well fed at our On the House Breakfast before hitting the road. Thank you for staying with us!
Palm City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have stayed at this property on numerous occassions. Probably around 50 times at this point. All of the staff are excellent and helpful. Not once can I say that I have had a bad stay at this Hotel. The front Desk Girls (Sam, Karen, Kim, Toni, and Brandi) are awesome and super helpful. In the morning for breakfast I always receive a friendly Good Morning from Debbie. She is great with the Customers. Ruby has been more than wonderful in attending to customers at the bar in the evening. Mike is always friendly and helpful each time I have seen him. Olivia and Jeff are always speaking with customers and always make the stay worth while. They are very accomidating to the needs or wants of the customers. I have no bad comments about any of my stays at this property. The rooms have always been clean and the cleaning staff is very courteous and helpful. I hope that each time I stay I am able to be greeted with the same staff. Thanks Pennsville Staff for making my stay feel like I am close to home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for your kind comments about your stay at the Hampton Inn Pennsville. Thank you for staying with us as frequently as you do. I will be glad to pass along your compliments to Sam, Karen, Kim, Toni, Brandi, Debbie and Ruby! Jeff and Ollivia will be proud of them! We are always happy to accommodate you and look forward to your next stay. When you stay with us, you're family.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pennsville
Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington
Comfort Inn & Suites Carney's Point
Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana
BEST WESTERN PLUS Newark/Christiana Inn

Been to Hampton Inn Pennsville? Share your experiences!