Hampton Inn Pennsville
Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington(Pennsville)(Great Value!)
$63
$68
$66
TripAdvisor
Priceline
All reviewscracker barrelfront deskthe delaware memorial bridgeoff the highwaydunkin donutsnew jerseyroom was cleancomplimentary breakfastplace to staysouth jerseyparking lotnj turnpikeconvenient locationdefinitely stay here againbusiness tripvery nice hotelolivia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The staff at the Hampton Inn in Pennsville are great. The hotel also has a very welcoming lobby and bar area. I've never seen so much attentiveness to the breakfast area before.

The only downsides I've noticed are the lack of a "Suite Shop" -- I was in bed for a day due to food poisoning and there wasn't a suiteshop I could go and grab some medication and fluids. They have vending machines and a small medicine vending machine, but it's much more convenient to bill to the room at a suite shop (especially when you're sick and there's no ATM on property).

The only other issue I've had is stuffy rooms -- the windows do not open for the rooms, so the rooms can get quite stuffy, especially if the air conditioner is acting up.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnPV, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

We value feedback from Senior Reviewers, like yourself. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are very attentive and focused on customer service at the Hampton Inn Pennsville. We want you to feel like you are at home away from home. We do not have a suite shoppe or an ATM on property, and I apologize for this inconvenience during your illness. Also, most hotel room windows do not open for safety reasons. If at any time you experience stuffiness or issues with our A/C Units, please dial 0 on you guestroom phone, so we can send a maintenance manager to your room take care of that for you. We are happy that you experienced a good stay, and we hope to see you again soon when you travel to the area for business again.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed at Hampton Inn- Pennsville for a two day business trip. The breakfast, evening snack, warm cookies and evening social happy hour was so convenient and relaxing. Additionally, the staff was so attentive! I know that I kept thinking in my head, "Is this a Hampton Inn?" One evening the weather was really bad, so I jokingly asked for the shuttle to a restaurant in walking distance. Without hesitating, they delivered me and my co-worker safe, sound and dry to our destination for dinner. Kudos to Ollivia Willis, Mike P. Kris Latney and Ruby M for their excellent customer service!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Robin P, Thank you for choosing to stay with us while on business. It's great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our happy hour at the lobby bar with snacks and drinks, but most importantly, I am happy that our staff kept you and your co-worker company when on the road away from home. I hope you enjoyed your dinner, out of the rain, and I will gladly pass along your kind comments to Ollivia, Mike, Kris, and Ruby for exceeding your expectations! Now that's Hamptonality!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here after a long days travel. Check-in staff were friendly and obliging, rooms and bed very comfortable and breakfast very good. The only complaint would be the late pool opening time of 10am. We would have liked to swim before breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stop over! We're sorry that the pool doesn't open until 10am. We test the water around 9am to check the levels before opening it which causes a short delay. All in all, we are happy that you slept well in our Hampton Bed Experience, and are glad that you were well fed at our On the House Breakfast before hitting the road. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have stayed at this property on numerous occassions. Probably around 50 times at this point. All of the staff are excellent and helpful. Not once can I say that I have had a bad stay at this Hotel. The front Desk Girls (Sam, Karen, Kim, Toni, and Brandi) are awesome and super helpful. In the morning for breakfast I always receive a friendly Good Morning from Debbie. She is great with the Customers. Ruby has been more than wonderful in attending to customers at the bar in the evening. Mike is always friendly and helpful each time I have seen him. Olivia and Jeff are always speaking with customers and always make the stay worth while. They are very accomidating to the needs or wants of the customers. I have no bad comments about any of my stays at this property. The rooms have always been clean and the cleaning staff is very courteous and helpful. I hope that each time I stay I am able to be greeted with the same staff. Thanks Pennsville Staff for making my stay feel like I am close to home.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Hello and thank you for your kind comments about your stay at the Hampton Inn Pennsville. Thank you for staying with us as frequently as you do. I will be glad to pass along your compliments to Sam, Karen, Kim, Toni, Brandi, Debbie and Ruby! Jeff and Ollivia will be proud of them! We are always happy to accommodate you and look forward to your next stay. When you stay with us, you're family.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My fiance and I are weekend warriors right now, I come up from Virginia and he works in New Jersey, lives in Pa. We meet up every other weekend (although lately it's been every weekend), at the Hampton Inn, Pennsville.
We LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The rooms are always clean and tidy, lots of soft fluffy towels! The bed is so comfortable and plenty of pillows!!
The pool is CLEAN and very inviting and we swim when the weather allows!!
Staff at the front desk are courteous and always ready to help! As well, the manager!!

What do we LOVE the most!!??!! Happy hour(s) with Ruby!!! Always a amile and ready to make the end of a long week seem bearable!

Have to say, not a big breakfast person, but I an very happy to have REAL oatmeal too and not the bagged stuff! Great selection too, waffles, eggs, omelets, sausages, bacon..etc!!

Keep up the good work...see you next Thursday!!! :)

Room Tip: They have a really nice BIG work out room too!!! Very clean and nice and cool!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnPV, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Pennsville, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

SusanZerr, We are happy to be the place to meet up with your fiance! We love having you here. Thank you very much for your 5 star review of our hotel. We're happy that you enjoy the outdoor pool, cleanliness, On the House Breakfast, happy hour with Ruby, jump - our fitness center, and our friendly staff. Nice to see you again last Thursday!