“Shrimp and Fruit sauce...what a meal”

Orient Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Pennsville
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed November 14, 2013

If you find yourself traveling over the Delaware Memorial Bridge and you are hungry…head on over to the Orient in Pennsville, NJ. The Orient has the best Chinese food in the area. The service is very friendly. The atmosphere is casual. Everything on their menu is very fresh.
The most incredible menu choice is their famous Shrimp in Fruit sauce. When they bring it to your table the entree is served on a cake plate. I have been trying to recreate this for years and can’t even come close. Shrimp in Fruit sauce comes with white or brown rice and a decorative flower made from a turnip. They also have really good crab wontons.

1  Thank myjd65

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We have been coming here for years, we travel about 25-30 miles from our home for dinner here because they offer the best Chinese food in the area. The service and are value excellent. The atmosphere is casual and comfortable (even with children). Everything is always fresh and not greasey.They also offer take out.

1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A great Chinese restaurant within several miles of our hotel. This place has been there for over 20 years and it was obvious why. The food was excellent and the service was most attentive. The hot and sour soup was delicious and the fried dumplings were perfect! My garlic lovers choice was a very generous portion of beef and shrimp, and my husband's crispy steak ding was outstanding. We had enough left over to take with us and enjoy later. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank dzjtfj
Reviewed April 16, 2013

price is right, no msg in the food, has to be fresh with the quantity they sell., no frills but food is above normal quality!

2  Thank simpeau
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My family and friends have been eating at The Orient for almost 20 years and it's a local favorite. We enjoy dining in the restaurant and the staff is always welcoming. The dining room is comfortable and has a few interesting pieces of Asian decor. The carved wooden screen and glass panels etched with pictures of coy and other scenes are particularly pretty.

Some of our favorite appetizers and dishes are the scallion pancake, crab and cheese wontons, General Tso's chicken and chicken and broccoli in brown sauce (which can also be ordered with white sauce). I always request walnuts to be added to my chicken and broccoli. It's a sweet and crunchy addition that makes this dish my personal favorite. The sesame beef and pineapple chicken also get high marks as well. Honestly, I think anything you order will not disappoint!

The Orient is the kind of place where friends and family who used to live in the area make it a point to include a meal or two at The Orient when visiting. Honestly I'm pretty much spoiled now and I don't like eating Chinese food anywhere else.

The service is friendly and attentive, the food is delicious and served quickly and all at very reasonable prices. I would (and do!) recommend this restaurant to my friends!

1  Thank bgtg2