“Nice hotel for budget”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pennsville
Tarrytown, New York
“Nice hotel for budget”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Good hotel for budget. Area is convenient to stores,eateries and highway. Rooms seem clean and are large. However, 10 minutes after check in with 5 year old daughter,got a call from front desk stating our daughter was too loud, which I was surprised about. Makes me wonder about the integrity of the building. Secondly, when you stay at a hotel you should expect some nuiances from your neighbors (pets, children, smokers, noise). But for $69 a night, it's not bad.

• Stayed March 2014
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hi Jenifer, Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I’m glad you enjoyed your guestroom and at a great price! For the courtesy of our guests, our front desk does have a noise policy in place. If we receive a compliant, we are required to call the guestroom that the noise complaint was about. This is in no way should be taken personally. It is protocol. Whenever another guest calls down with a concern about noise, it is our job to follow up on that. Thank you for travelling with us and thank you for much for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bridgeville, DE
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Okay for this review I really have to think about what I am going to say, as I come with a biased view and opinion on the "Super 8" hotel brand. When I think of them I think of quite frankly a cheap, no frills avoid at all costs accomodations.

So when I purchased a Priceline express deal to my greatest disappointment I was given the Super 8 Pennsville location. I was shocked and pissed , so I immediately went and read the reviews and comments and to my surprise I found some rather positive statements. I checked out the photos of the outer hotel and it looked rather positive.

I would like for it be known that the hotel say it has free wi-fi... but ONLY IN THE LOBBY!
I was on the second floor next to the elevator and I could not receive any signal whatsoever. You normally expect that a room which has a small refrigerator also has a microwave...NOT HERE. Why?

As for the room it was rather large and colorful with a contemporary flair, comfortable corner chair, desk and chair, 27 inch older large back tv with about 20 channels (2 HBO'S), we had the king size bed and the mattress appeared to be about 8 inches thick really not a bad bed for sleeping only three pillow on the bed (more would have greatly appreciated). Also there is NO TUB only a shower with a 4 inch base around the shower which is supposed to contain the water.

As for the complimentary breakfast provided, it is basic and nothing at all to brag on. Hey it's free. In my opinion each location is independently owned and operated so as a whole I would not intentionally book accomodations at this chain, but for the price paid under $60.00 and for an over-nite only stay I would give a thumbs up at this location.

Room Tip: if you have your laptop try to get a room as close to the lobby on the first floor for a possible si...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank queen042002
We love surprising our guests with just how super we are! I'm glad you did your research before visiting us, but I am disappointed to see that you only had an average stay. We do have free wi-fi in the lobby of the hotel and we offer ethernet cables for the internet in our guestrooms, which are available 24/7 at the front desk. Although our guestrooms do not have microwaves, there is a microwave in our lobby area that accessible by all guests at all times. Overall, I'm glad that you slept well and did enjoy your king sized guestroom. If you ever need anything, pillows included, just call the front desk by dialing 0 on your guestroom phone and someone will run them up to you. Thank you for your note about SuperStart Breakfast for our future guests. It is a basic complimentary continental breakfast with cereals, Super 8 cinnamon buns, and fresh, make-your-own waffles. Thank you so much for your kudos to our team at our location, we are very proud to deliver super experiences every time.
White Plains
Reviewed December 31, 2013

When this hotel was first built it looked beautiful inside and out. After my last stay at this hotel I noticed the quality of the furniture, especially the bed, mattress , etc. was horrible. The bed pillows were shapeless and the bedspread was badly worn out. The complimentary breakfast food was dry and the dining area was dirty and spilled food was on the counter. I was very disappointed with the overall cleanliness of this Super 8 Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Happy New Year, Cheryl! Thank you for staying with us again. I'm am sorry that your most recent stay was an average 3 stars. Please email us at super8pennsville@gmail.com with the room number where you stayed and we will ask our Executive Housekeeper to inspect the quality of the room's furnishings. I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your recent stay, we will share your review with the Breakfast Hostess to ensure that we will exceed your expectations the next time your stay with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pennsville
Hampton Inn Pennsville
Hampton Inn Pennsville
#2 of 4 in Pennsville
Comfort Inn & Suites Carney's Point
Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana
Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District

Been to Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington? Share your experiences!