“It's easy to see why this is ranked #1 in Pennsville”

Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pennsville
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Overview: a very new, modern four story facility with internal halls located ¼ mile off of I 295 with approximately 130 rooms. Easy on off highway access. Single elevator service. Located in the same area are a McDonalds, Applebee’s and a Country Buffet, that are an easy walk. Plenty of surface parking. Individual room AC. Several meeting rooms. Three building access points from the parking lots. Bathing was shower only…no tub.
The Good: Check in excellent. Normally two employees on station. Compare front desk to a 5 star hotel. Received an upgrade to a suite….will not affect my review. Hotel was very crowded and I suspect the upgrade was a result of the # of nights booked. Rooms are modern design with a fridge. Very pleasing décor. No microwave. Entire facility is spotless. Rooms are quiet, no highway noise. Even though my room was only two from the elevator the only noise heard was a few muffled footsteps from the room above. Maid service excellent. Towels and sheets changed on request.
The Bad: Breakfast is cold food only. Bread, cereal, juice and coffee/tea, plus instant oatmeal. This may be a geographical area issue. Stayed in Carney’s Point once and breakfast was similar. Pillows….three on a king bed, all solid foam rubber. Like sleeping on a large soft brick. Limited cable channels plus 2 HBO stations. Windows do not open. Suspect that is the reason for no microwave….odors hang around. Could be I was over the lobby entrance roof and that is why the window did not open.
Picky stuff: The shower bar is set so close it is impossible to shower without constantly coming into contact with the shower curtain….and I am not a large man. Small space next to the sink for toiletries. There is a desk for make-up, ladies. Clothes storage is open cubes. Towels should grade sandpaper light.
Bottom Line: Great venue for the price point. Will definitely revisit if in the area again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Texas George, Thank you for your rave review! Glad to hear that check-in was effortless and that you received great customer service throughout your length of stay. I'm sorry for the small things you mention, like the towels being a little rough, and the space in the shower being inadequate, but I would like to let you know that we are upgrading breakfast this summer with hot breakfast items. I hope you'll stay with us again to try out the new buffet at SuperStart Breakfast!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed here Saturday and Sunday on our way to the spring Nascar race at Dover Delaware.
Very nice room and amenities. We recommend this hotel for everyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for your super review of The Super 8 Pennsville! We love having people stay with us for the Dover races! Thank you for recommending our hotel to future guests and we wish you all the best while travelling on the open road!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I just stayed at this hotel and we couldn't have been more pleased with the entire experience. The room was very spacious, the bed was very comfortable and it was extremely clean. I would have thought we were the first people to have stayed in that room! The hotel leaves nothing to be desired by providing shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, coffee/coffee maker, blow dryer, iron/ironing board and even a makeup remover towlette! The room we stayed in was a standard room with a king size bed. There was a t.v. in the "bedroom" area and then there is a flat screen t.v. in the "living room" area complete with couch and coffee table! As if all that isn't enough....the shower is wonderful complete with one of those luxurious massaging shower heads! If you forgot your toothpaste, they will give it to you at the front desk and even a little bottle of mouthwash. This hotel is conveniently located near numerous restaurants within walking distance. Thank you Super 8....we are fans!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
8568022800, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Debra G, Thank you so much for your awesome review! I am so glad to hear how great your stay was. Thank you for leaving feedback on how much you enjoyed your stay. I hope we can accomodate you in the future! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Great place for the money! It was VERY clean. (and I am picky) Up to date décor and comfortable. We were on the first floor and the ceiling height in our room must have been at least 10 feet high, which made the room feel even larger. The front desk staff was Super nice and very helpful in recommending a place to eat and giving directions that we requested. This HAS to be the nicest and cleanest Super 8 we have ever stayed in and will stay here again in the future if we are in the area. No complaints at all!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Haymaress

Haymaress, Thank you for reviewing the Super 8 Pennsville. Thank you for the GREAT review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay! Also, thank you for noticing how clean the rooms are, the housekeeping staff works very hard on keeping the rooms looking brand new! We are happy to know that we will be accomodating you in the future! We look forward to seeing you. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I can't bring myself to grant a 5 star review to a Super 8 but it's certainly hard to find fault with this newish, well-located hotel. Room was spacious and clean, service was friendly, breakfast was adequate. it's easy on/off (definitely preferable to the Pennsylvania side of the Delaware Memorial Bridge), and there is an Applebee's just across the parking lot. This spot is a no-brainer if you are searching for a stop along Rt. 295!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
ssilvertexaspa, Teresa N., Social Media Manager at Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

pcyork, Thank you for reviewing the Super 8 Pennsville. Although we are disappointed that we didn't get a 5 star review from you, we are thrilled that you had a super stay! Thanks for posting your review online and for mentioning our great location off of I-295 just at the foot of the Delaware Memorial Bridge, in New Jersey. We hope to see you again soon so that we can earn all 5 stars! Thank You and Safe Travels.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We drove from Montreal to Vero Beach last March and back to Canada in May. We stayed at this hotel on both trips and I must say it's the perfect place for the money. Modern, quiet, friendly, super clean, average breakfast, large room, superb bathroom. For the price, one can't ask for more.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
8568022800, Social Media Manager at Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Hello mirador194mirador194, Thank you for choosing to stay at the Super 8 Pennsville! I'm glad that you could appreciate the value of the Super 8 each time you've stayed with us. Thank you for noting the cleanliness of our rooms and our SuperStart Breakfast. SuperStart Breakfast will be adding new hot breakfast items this summer, so please come back again to experience the new, super additions to our breakfast buffet!

Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed at the Super 8 in Pennsville for one night at the end of March, 2012. It was a very nice hotel. I have stayed at similarly-priced hotels that have been very run down, but this one looks almost brand new. The decor is very modern and classy.

I didn't interact with the staff all that much, but I did ask if there was any toothpaste for sale, and the clerk at the front desk gave me three single-serve packs of Colgate for free. I thought that was really cool, even if just a small perk.

There is a Dunkin Donuts within the same general parking lot area, so getting breakfast the next day was easy.

All in all, it was a good deal, and I would recommend this place for anyone looking for a bargain.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
8568022800, Social Media Liaison at Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Dear Tonmeister96,

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pennsville
Comfort Inn & Suites Carney's Point
Clarion Hotel - The Belle
Clarion Hotel - The Belle
#6 of 12 in New Castle
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana

Been to Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington? Share your experiences!