“Gotta Getta Montegrillo's” 5 of 5 bubbles

Montegrillo Cucina Italiana
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Pennsauken
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Gotta Getta Montegrillo's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I'm a Philly native who currently lives in Houston TX. My family & I recently went to visit my Mom & Dad in Pennsauken for a few days & Montegrillo's is a good as ever! I'm not a Pat's or Geno's guy, (I tend to like the smaller Pizza/Cheesesteak shops), so I was beyond happy that Montegrillo's hasn't changed! The last time I was up visiting was two years ago, & before that was FIVE years ago & this place ALWAYS HAS THE SAME GREAT FOOD! I got a cheesesteak w/ American cheese & fried onions & It was to die for!!!
I almost didn't get my cheesesteak "fix" on this trip, but I decided to NOT eat dinner w/ my family on Tuesday night. Instead, I walked to Montegrillo's, (my parents live around the corner off Gross Ave.), & got my sandwich! Glad I didn't miss out & you shouldn't as well!!

• Visited August 2012

Moorestown, New Jersey
“Great italian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We've been going to Montegrillo's for several years and always go back for the lasagna and the sausage and peppers. The meals come with soup or salad - the soup is in a bowl, not a cup, and the salad has wedges of cheese, some olives, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and lettuce with a bowl of dressing (everything is cut large enough so you can take out what you don't like). The entrees are huge - I eat a third and take the rest home for 2 more meals. The sausage and peppers are unlike any I have had anywhere - the sausage is sliced, the peppers, onions and tomatoes are fresh and it's made to order, as are all the entrees. The garlic bread looks like small slices of pizza, and are very good, and the rolls are also good. It has a pizza parlor decor with booths and tables. If you don't mind the lack of fancy ammenities, you should try it - the food is better than most upscale italian restaurants I have been to.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pennsauken NJ
“Four greats -food, service, value ,and consistency”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We have been eating there about every two weeks for a number of years. Although it is a pizza place its food is much better and less costly than several of Italian chain restaurants in the area. Entrees come with soup or salad and the soups especially the new cream of chicken are wonderful. Dinner also includes triangular shaped loaves of bread fresh from the oven. My wife has tried a number of entrees and liked them all. My favorite is the linguini and clams. I have never found a better variation of this dish anywhere. The decor is bare bones but who cares. We generally take a bottle of wine and leave with boxes with leftovers from the large portions.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pennsauken, New Jersey
“Best Italian this side of the delaware”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Montegrillo's has the best chicken wings. They're crispy and delicious. The dinners are affordable and delicious. Great service, even better food. We order from there at least once a week.

• Visited May 2012
Collingswood, New Jersey
“good food, great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

It's a hidden treasure. I have eaten there many times, at least once a week. The chicken dinners are all good, I've tried them all. They cook pasta perfectly everytime, I really don't know how they do it.The pasta is never over cooked and that's important. Sometimes I order penne on the side with red sauce, or I get it with the sauce that comes with the chicken. You get soup or salad with your meal and all for a nice price. The servers are always friendly and pay attention, when you need something.

• Visited December 2011