“Benihana- OK but not great”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 59 Restaurants in Pennsauken
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 70
New Jersey
“Benihana- OK but not great”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Took grandson for a dinner- he liked the sushi- rest of our food was Ok but not special. We sat in the bar area at a table and therefore did not undergo the Benihana cooking experience.

• Visited June 2013

Pennsauken, New Jersey, United States
“Just OK, nothing great”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Problems with the bathrooms, food was good. Typical Japanese steakhouse. Mikado is better. Prices are high.

1 Thank Joan C
Wildwood, NJ
“New Year's Eve 2012 Dinner”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Made last minute reservations here for New Year's Eve Dinner for two. We arrived to a packed lobby. They were bogged down with diners who were staying beyond their projected time, but quickly remedied the crowd by bringing out several large parties with lots of children and giving them ice cream in the front lounge seating areas at the tables. Good move, and the kids were delighted.

We were at a full grill, but our orders were filled fast, and everything served was incredible and accurate. We had several drinks, and ordered the filet with lobster, and the Imperial, which is the large NY Strip. As all the food was on the grill, I joked to the other diners that "that large steak is mine"!

We were basically on the final turn of seating, and not rushed at all. Two premium meals, and several drinks put us back about $140. Our hispanic cook was a little more loose then asian cooks, and just as enjoyable. They have a large staff that worked very well as team on their busiest night. I enjoyed Beninhana, as I have in King of Prussia, Pittsburgh, Newport News, and Las Vegas. I would come here again.

• Visited December 2012
“Best Hibachi Restaurant”
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

I've been to hibachi-style restaurants in Mexico, Orlando, Myrtle Beach and PA. Benihana in Pennsauken, NJ is the best by far. Sometimes the other customers are a little ghetto but that's typical if this area. The staff is always great, from the cooks to the servers to the hosts and bartenders.

My only complaint is that wine glasses are on the table and these glasses are removed when no one orders a glass of wine; I doubt that these "unused" glasses are washed. I'd prefer that the glasses were only brought out if someone orders wine. If I ever do order wine I'll ask for a fresh glass.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Gotta Love It!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is by far the best Japanese restaurant I have ever visited...Always a crowd pleaser and the food has always been over the top...never had the sushi...but to sit and be entertained while dining is the best!

Visited July 2012