“The pub”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“The pub”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Great filet. Always cooked perfectly love the salad bar and the twice baked potatoes. Have been to many steak houses and this is always top quality

• Visited July 2014

Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania
“Same as I remembered”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Oh Pub, how I have missed thee. Good God, why haven't I visited you lately?!

I just got home from an extremely delicious dinner at The Pub after having been on a 15 year sabbatical from this fine establishment. I feel like I have been cheating on thee because I have been known to have been carousing with the likes of Texas Roadhouse and Outback Steakhouse during the past 15 years. While the chain steakhouses are good, they don't even come remotely close to this long time Pennsauken staple; they are THAT good.

As others have stated, you don't come here for the updated atmosphere. What you do come here for is some damn good meat at a great price, the UNIQUE decor and great service. Walking into the restaurant you are thrown through a time warp and you pop up in the 60's or 70's, yet the whole thing just seems to work. The Pub is a place that you go to as an experience rather than just going through the motions of "going out for a bite."

This time around my party was seated at a table closest to the cooks and the charcoal ovens which provided us the ability to watch up-close what these meat mavericks do to provide delicious steaks to the eagerly waiting patrons. I watched these guys closely and wondered to myself how these guys keep the quality so good while cooking meat for a HUGE dining room packed with customers while making it look easy. Kudos to the chefs!

I had the prime rib special which came with fried shrimp and a twice baked potato. The prime rib was done perfectly (medium rare) and was the size of my head! The shrimp were few in numbers (2) but were GIGANTIC and tasted great. The potato was good, but could have been seasoned a little better. Hey, for $27 I don't think that you could find a better deal considering you also get access to the salad bar. The salad bar isn't the best I have ever had, but it had plenty of options. The macaroni, as well as the potato salads were under-seasoned also. Maybe they are just being conscious of your sodium intake as it relates to blood pressure? However, the anchovies in my caesar salad more than made up for the lack of salt in other items.

Others in my party had the "carpet bagger" which consisted of a filet topped with a huge crab cake, potato and green beans. Everyone who had it agreed that the carpet bagger was excellent. My 7 year old daughter had a grilled cheese and she said it tasted just like other grilled cheese sandwiches she has had, but she LOVED the complimentary bread. Ha!!

All in all, a great experience. I promise you Pub, I will never stray from you again...

• Visited July 2014
National Park, New Jersey
“Still a very nice resturant”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My wife and I visited the Pub recently for a family Birthday . We had not been there in over 20 years. Still the same a very large building with a nice bar. It reminds me of a large English dining hall. They have large open hearth ovens where the chefs cook the meals. A large menu with very nice portions. A bit pricey but the food was excellent, Baby Back Ribs & steaks are there specialty. A large salad bar and warm bread comes with your meal. The service was very good and the drinks we had were a nice size , but again on the high side. We loved the atmosphere. The food was excellent, just a tad on the high side.

Somers Point, New Jersey
“Still good and in business!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

It's been a decade or more since I last dined here. The location is easy and it's certainly big enough to find. Once inside, it's a tad dark but your eyes will get used to it. Service was very good for lunchtime and the menu had much to choose from including free soup with a purchase. Dinner is a bit pricey but I'm sure it's still as good as it was before and the lunch was a good barometer for it!

1 Thank John N
Laurel Springs, NJ
“Just Like We Remembered - Only Better!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We hadn't been to The Pub in many years but were recently invited there for a graduation dinner. We were eager to try it again, and all I can say is we will definitely be back! They still have the same great salad bar, beyond generous portions, delicious food and pleasant, efficient servers. Our party had varied entrees, including sirloin steak (huge and done to perfection!), stuffed flounder, rack of lamb and chicken parm. There was not one disappointed person in our party of nine, and not much conversation once the food came - we were all too busy enjoying everything! We also loved the décor which hasn't lost any of the charm we remembered and loved. We can't wait to go back again and work our way through the huge menu, one delicious meal at a time!