“Night Out... with kids” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Pub

The Pub
Ranked #1 of 58 Restaurants in Pennsauken
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub, Delicatessen
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Night Out... with kids”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Have not been to the pub in years... but remembered that the food was great... we'll that's all it was a memory... I ordered the Barbeque chicken with rice pilaf that to my surprise was no longer servered with vegetables... I ordered a Burger and fries 4 my older son... & steak kabobs with baked potato 4 my youngest son... lets just say that the Burger was the best... the kabob were awful onions & mushroom were burned... I had better bake potatoes at Wendy's...& my chicken & rice was so dry I had 2 return my meal... our waitress Sue... blond haired B* was the worse Rude... Rude... & more rude... but I held my composure 4 my children's sake... long story... I got 7 whole dollars off my bill... 4 returning a 19 meal... & a 20 dollar gift card from the manager 4 my next visit... well there wont be another visit & I gave the gift card to a customer on his way in... I have never in all my years been to a restaurant where your food & your service were both bad... O & by the way... they need major remodeling .... place is ran down ....

Sewell, New Jersey, United States
“Needs To Be Updated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

went here for dinner w/my wife and it smelled like urine in dining area plus the plates at the salad bar need to be replaced they are all scratched up and looks like they are 10 years old. This is my first time back in about 6 years.very pricey was not happy and prob will not return

• Visited February 2013
West Long Branch, NJ
“Excellent for steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a great restaurant for steak. I had the prime rib, and it was cooked perfectly. The salad bar has a lot of variety. I highly recommend The Pub for family gatherings, romantic dinners or a good time to catch up with family and friends. We are going there again this coming weekend, and I hope to have a different dish, though you can't beat heir steaks! Huge portions of meat (I took some home and enjoyed it the next day!).

• Visited October 2012
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I went to dinner there last night. I'm from Pennsauken, and this place has been around since the 1970s (if not longer). Please know that the decor and furnishings have not changed. The chairs and tables are a mess. I certainly did not want to look at the carpet. But, I have always had a good meal there, so I did not care about the other stuff. I'll start off with the positive. The salad bar is fabulous.And, know that I am not one to like buffet style foods The server was great. Actually, the servers are always fabulous there. My boyfriend ordered the sirloin and said it was very good. I tasted it and thought is was chewy.
I ordered the zucchini sticks because I love zucchini. Don't waste your time. They are nothing but breading. The zucchini inside was paper thin. I didn't eat them. Don't waste your $.
I had the 1/2 rack of ribs. They were very dry and chewy. Our waiter wanted to return them, but we had already been there for 40 minutes and I did not want to wait for another order. I then ordered a piece of cake to take home. It was very light and fluffy and good.
The manager came over and asked how things were. When I told him about the ribs, he said I should have said something and they would have remade them. Well, I didn't have much fight in me so I just nodded. I don't think I will be going back there anytime soon.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Good food for the money.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We went here Christmas Eve for diviner because my wide remembers the place from her childhood. It has changed a lot over the years. In years past it was a place to dress up and go to but now the attire is much more casual. This isn't a bad thing it was a decent steak for the money. It is no high end steak house but much better then the chains of middle of the road places. I would eat here again.

1 Thank Steve112975

Been to The Pub? Share your experiences!