“knock your socks off food, Christams decor was a winter wonderland”
Review of Avanti Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED

Avanti Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Camillo's Ristorante Italiano, owned and operated by chef Camillo Tortola (Camillo's Cafe), brings you the finest in traditional Italian food from Napoli using only the finest and freshest ingredients. We invite you to come in and enjoy a casual, lively atmosphere alongside Camillo's homemade cooking.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

wonderful, wonderful menu selections, well-prepared, super efficient staff and they are friendly and knowledgeable clean, close tables, winter wonderland during the holidays

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Avanti’s a gem I’ve only recently discovered. Its location is a bit off the track, tucked behind the main drag (you enter in the back, and there’s a parking lot back there). It’s open for lunch and dinner and is BYOB. I’ve gone for lunch twice, and both times the atmosphere was fantastic (cozy cottage-style, filled with a combo of locals out celebrating and worker-bees from nearby Legg-Mason and Bristol Myers Squibb). The Italian food is just fantastic (the lasagna and ravioli Bolognese both were superb), and the menu’s excellent value. Those entrees were about $10, and came with soup (delicious Manhattan clam chowder on one visit) or salad. Considering that I spent $10 on a nearly inedible sandwich at nearby Chez Alice the day before, I was thrilled. Also, even if you’re not a big bread eater, try it – it’s the best I’ve ever tasted. I’d go there just for the bread.

Service is terrific, warm and friendly. All in all – a marvelous spot.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This excellent restaurant is tucked away in a hidden little area off the main street of Pennington. From the call to make reservations, to the food and service, to the final bill, we couldn't be more pleased. It is BYOB so right away you are saving significantly by bringing your own wine. The atmosphere is very nice for a business lunch or a romantic dinner. The service is very attentive and professional and the food is incredible. A diverse menu, very well prepared, large portions and although not cheap, a very good value. We now consider it our "go to" place when we are in need of a perfect dinner rather than just a place to eat.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great for a nice night out with plain, heavy, good, Italian food. Always consistent. Great chopped Antipasto salad. Other good pasta dishes too. Service is...opinionated! You better hope they like you, is all I have to say. If the servers do, you'll have a fantastic meal. Get on their bad side and...good luck. THEY ONLY TAKE AMERICAN EXPRESS OR CASH!!! How weird is that?

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Last night, January 5 was my Birthday and the four members of my immediate family had a special late meal at Avanti. This was a first for us even though we have lived in the area for over 13 years and go out for casual meals several times a month. My daughter was coming back from class in NYC so we made reservations for 8 PM. After the initial shock of the noise level in the small elevated dining area, the food took over and made the night special. We all ordered Chicken and my wife chose the best of the best, Chicken Sinatra,and as my kids say all the time OMG. The service and overall experience reminded me of the many years and wonderful meals I had living in my native Staten Island.

1  Thank PJS37