“A Winery with so much more and closer than you thiink” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hopewell Valley Vineyards

Hopewell Valley Vineyards
More attraction details
Owner description: Blending Old World flair with New World style, our winery brings three generations of Tuscan wine-making experience to the beautiful Hopewell Valley. Just a short drive down a country road, Hopewell Valley Vineyards is your escape to another world. Come join us to sample our wines which include vinifera, New World and Italian varieties at our copper tasting bar; sit alongside the grand piano and enjoy classical and jazz performances on the weekends, and breathe in the view of the Sourland Mountains. We invite you to slow down and enjoy our award winning wines!We're also thrilled to now be able to offer a convenient way to order HVV wines online and take advantage of direct shipping. Visit our website -> SHOP -> ONLINE WINE STORE to enter our new online wine catalog which also features many wine related articles for the many wine lovers out there!
Burlington City
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“A Winery with so much more and closer than you thiink”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

While looking for the Mercer Airport, we decided to stop by The Hopewell Valley Vinyard. To say its visually as well as tastefully attractive would be an understatement. We were pleasantly surprised and forgot all about the airport we had found for a future trip. Those 6 wines for 6$ was more than just a tasting, and you were given a bit more than the usual drop. I really don't understand how/why some wineries use those stoppers, with you ending up with less than one mouthful. No one is there is drink, but you do need something to taste and Hopewell was generous without going overboard. I can't say the last time I was at a winery(probably Valenzano) where we tasted so many fine wines. My wife and I enjoyed the Vidal Blanc the most, the thin bottle reminded us of Ice Wine. If you have never had ice wine or don't know the story, you should read about. Back to Hopewell, how about going to their Merlot and Music evening, or Jazzy Sunday events. Those behind the bar serving the wine tasting were as great as the wine they were serving. And the gounds where you can picnic outside or just relax and enjoy the view, well its more than worth the trip. While there are many fine wineries in NJ, this one now has catapulted near the top, and you should try it too. Can't wait to return, and bring another great wine and memory back home.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Rcdallmann

Bensalem, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wine Tasting and Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

My Girlfriends and I went to a wine tasting and tour on Mother's day. We had a great time! The weather was nice and the staff was very informative and friendly. We tasted a variety of wines, they offer cheese plates for purchase as well. I'd be interested in coming back for a music night. I purchased a bottle of the White Merlot, the Vidal Blanc was good too.

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Veni, vidi, bibi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We enjoyed a couple hours today at the Hopewell Valley Vineyards in Pennington, NJ. Although crowded and wine tasting started a bit late, our hostess Violeta was congenial and knowledgeable about most things wine. This family owned and operated winery produces quite a few locally grown varietals as well as imported grape specialties. It's an excellent education in wines and wine making.

I love wine and grew up in an Italian household where I began drinking at 4 years old (diluted, of course). Most of my elders made their own wine but I found that drinking wine is the greatest truth. So I really enjoyed this small but focused winery. They know the limit that climate places on growing grapes and won't push beyond what is practical and controllable. Hence, the imported juices which go to fermentation and produce fine varietals in their own right.

We tasted 6 wines, starting with the lightest whites and progressing to the heavier reds. Violeta explained each selection and after the less than an hour tasting session, we moved to the pressing and processing room for an in-depth explanation of the workings. Enjoyed seeing the beautiful French Oak barrels in the cellar aging several wines. From the explanation, we gathered that this operation is quite "green" and no chemicals are used to protect or enhance the grape vines, and the residue of production is cycled back into the earth, etc.

I'm not a fan of New Jersey wines and have been to several in the state plus 36 wineries in Napa and Sonoma. I'm fond of California wines but I found that the Hopewell Valley Cabernet Sauvignon was the best of the flight tasting today and worthy of mention. It was lighter than most cabs with a fair amount of complexity, good nose, solid taste, and good finish. We also like the White Merlot which we stocked up on at only $12.95 a bottle. The day's outing was a fun change from our usual Sunday activities.

I recommend this tour but be sure to reserve at least 2 weeks ahead, and there is a charge. Ask about the weekend entertainment and evening events on the grounds. You may want to ask about the local restaurants that serve their wine if you're looking for a place to eat later.

Brick NJ
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Peaceful and Scenic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I bought a groupon for a wine tasting and tour of the winery. The tasting included a sampling of 6 or 7 of the most popular wines. The tasting portions were plentiful and the staff was friendly. The owner Sergio explained each wine as he went along and it was very informative. The tour was short but full of information. I would recommend the winery for couples and a small group of friends.

Washington Crossing, PA
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“lovely place to watch the sunset”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Best to go when you can smell the grapes on the vines and watch the sunset. The wine is fine and if they are making pizza you in for a pleasent evening.

Visited February 2013