“Neighborhood Joint”

Ranked #14 of 36 Restaurants in Pennington
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have visited a good number of times since we moved to NJ. It has never been more than a good place for pizza. In our last visit, no one came near our table for quite some time. We talked about going to another restaurant when we waved over hostess who found our waitress. The attitude was kind of odd...she was more interested in playing with her hair than being serious about waiting tables. The pizza was good but I never order anything else there.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Pizza was great. When we visit family we usually eat here. Had sausage pizza and veggie pizza and both were excellent...thin crusted...more like tomato pies...an old Italian favorite. The large antipasto salad was enough for 4-5 people. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Service was quick...especially considering it was Friday night and the parking lot was full.

1  Thank Sue M
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The parking lot was full so that was a good sign! Upon walking in, the 2 hostesses were mid-conversation and we had to wait for them to finish then I said hello when the one just looked at me funny...ok.
Upon being seated, I told my server that I had a restaurant.com certificate and he immediately said ok but we had to tip on the total not the discounted total, umm ok thanks buddy. The food was pretty good, we liked our meal. After the check was paid, we told our guy we just wanted $4 back (which gave him a generous $10 tip). Wen he came back he put the change on the table and walked away, no thank you, no come again, nada. So we were confused, did we miscalculate and not leave enough tip? So we got up and headed out and saw him talking to someone else. I said "did you get the $10?" He goes "yeah" and looked away. Extremely rude and for that I will not go back or recommend this place to anyone. Oh I forgot, they also plopped 2 employees right next to us to wrap silverware. Really?

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I come here often and they never disappoint. Pizza Is out of this world and their wings are amazing. The buffalo sauce is a lighter consistency and has a slight taste of wine. Really good!!

1  Thank Jessica P
Reviewed March 31, 2013

It's a halfway stop between the Hudson Valley and Annapolis, so I thought it a nice place to exchange grandchildren. Parking ok, smokers around the entrance a drag(pardon pun), but looks interesting. Quick to find a table (12:30p on a Friday) and thought the mixed vegetables for an appetizer would be good. In comes a large bowl with a bunch of shapeless stewed vegetables that just looked nasty. Sent it back. Thought fresh veggies with some ranch dressing would have been nice. Pizza was major disappointment - frozen at home was better ... maybe this was frozen away. The fish and chips were horrible and great. The (fried?) fish appeared on the plate as three large round lumps - completely soggy on the bottom and hard on top. Uneatable. The chips, however, seemed freshly made and very good. Salad was forgettable. Next time (if there is a next time as I had to pay for the dish sent back) I guess a hamburger. But then again, as Julia Childs said on NPR, the 1/4 lb, w/cheese at McDonald's is pretty satisfying.