“Number One for ITALIAN in SALEM COUNTY, NJ”

DiPaolo's Italian Ristorante
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Penns Grove
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: It has been in business for quite a long time. I'm surpised it is not listed on your site.
Fripp Island, South Carolina
“Number One for ITALIAN in SALEM COUNTY, NJ”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Salem County's NUMBER 1 ITALIAN HOT SPOT!!
Father and Son Team of Michael Dipoalo have joined together to INSURE you will leave their Satisfied! Their Dinner Menu will not disappoint. They have a very nice Wine Menu. Their meals are carefully prepared with that Home Made Italian Flare! Great Antipasto Tray served with meals as well as Hot, Fresh, Rolls. I Strongly suggest the Calamari Appetizer. TENDER, Lightly Fried Calamari Rings, served with a Home Made Marinara Sauce. The Best part of Dipaolo's is that it's host to the "Who's Who" of Salem County, Every Friday Night! You can Dance the night away to Live Bands (NEVER A BAD ONE), and enjoy their Famed, "FREE" Friday night buffet, which is served from 6pm till 11pm. The Talented, Friendly Bar Staff, Will serve you what ever specialty drink you choose. Their Martini Specials are Highlighted by their famous "LEMON CELLO". I can't say enough good about their Staff. Everyone their is on the ball from the Wait Staff to the Bar Staff! You WILL NOT wait long for your Drinks/Meal!
ONE NOTE: GET THEIR EARLY ON FRIDAY NIGHTS!! I suggest arriving at 5, Having a Drink or two, Enjoy the Buffet at 6, and Dance the night away! Parking can be tricky if you wait till later. CIAO

• Visited February 2012

Massachusetts
“THE BEST ITALIAN FOOD”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I asked at our hotel where they would suggest for Italian food and they sent us here. We were surprised at the menu prices (little more than what we had planned on spending) but well worth the quality and quantity. Started with the best anti pasto, which was followed by salad (dressing was delicious) and then the entrees. My husband had veal, he says you can always tell a good restaurant by their veal, which he said was the best he had ever had. I had gnocchi stuffed with asparagus, melt in your mouth. Best gnocchi I have had since visiting Italy. We had enough left overs to eat the next night for dinner. Most other diners had bags of food they were taking with them. Service was exceptional Will definitely go back on future trips driving to Florida.

• Visited January 2012
“It just can't get any better! Family run with pride.”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I LOVE this restaurant! Every month I attend their wine dinner (six course). Every course is exceptional and they draw a large, friendly group of people. I attended one the end of October and am going again on Nov. 29th. I can't wait. I also have eaten dinner here numerous times and everything is excellent. They start you off with a complimentary antipasto, so don't order an appetizer or soup unless you are a big eater or love to take food home. They are known for their ALL crabmeat crabcakes (the size of oranges) and although I have had them I always crave pasta because theirs is so great! Their fish entrees (mmmmn sea bass) is delish. I classified the cost per person as $$$ because it isn't cheap but it is justified when you see what you get for your money. You can go on a Thursday nite for a shrimp and prime rib buffet that is excellent and very reasonable. They have full bar service. Everyone always makes the comment and it is true, this gem of a restaurant is located on a street in Penns Grove that is not so welcoming but don't let it stop you from experiencing one of my all-time favorite restaurants. They make you feel so welcomed. So worth the drive, you'll see.

• Visited October 2011
SALISBURY
“Amazing ........”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Recently a friend of mine who grew up in Penns Grove invited me to visit the area and have lunch at this great Italian Restaurant. All I can say is "Wow". I ordered their signature "Orange Size" lump meat crab cakes with a roasted rep pepper sauce, which also included a bowl of soup or salad. As an appetizer, we sampled the Mixed Grilled Italian Vegetable Antipasto and Sharp Provolone, which was almost a meal in it self along with delicious warm rolls with oil for dipping. My friend ordered the Chicken Marsala with Shitake Mushrooms (enough for three people) and homemade Mashed Potatoes on the side along with a fresh mixed greens salad. During our lunch, the owner, MIchael, stopped by our table to make sure all was fine and we both let him know how much we were enjoying our lunch and how great our food was. As we were finishing up, Mary, the original owner also came by our table to chat and we let her know how much we enjoyed having lunch at this wonderful restaurant and certainly would be back again. As you enter the restaurant, there is a wall dedicated to the history of the restaurant and owners which was very interesting to read.
One thing I forgot to mention is their great wine choices. We had a wonderful chianti wine that was perfect with our meal.
I would certainly return back to DiPaolo's along with recommend it to all my friends and clients who are looking for a really good Italian Restaurant with good service and nice atmosphere. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2011