“Beautiful Atmosphere, Foody a bit pricey”

Ninety Acres at Natirar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ninety Acres at Natirar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old Dutch Rd. E
Description: The Natirar Estate, a nearly 500-acre site atop the mountains of Peapack, is the home of Ninety Acres Culinary Center, which consists of a cooking and wine school, and a restaurant offering unique and exciting menus featuring produce and livestock fresh from the estate farm. The restaurant, along with our private party facilities, redefines what a quality dining experience can and should be. We offer an a la carte menu in our dining rooms, a light bar menu in our bar and lounge areas, and the "Bring Me Food" experience, our interpretation of the tasting menu concept, exclusively in our kitchen dining area.
New Jersey
“Beautiful Atmosphere, Foody a bit pricey”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I recently had dinner for the first time at Ninety Acres to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. We made reservations about a month ago and could only get a 9 pm seating which was fine by us.

We got to the restaraunt about 20 minutes early in order to get a drink. We orderd two house wines $35 plus tip which was a bit expensive. We sat in the room adjacent to the bar area which was fine. We got seated 15 minutes or so after our reservation which again was ok as we were not in any hurry.

For those who have not been there, the restaraunt sits in a scenic park in Far Hills/Peapack area of NJ that I believe is 90 acres. The restaraunt is actually the carriage house of an even bigger estate. The dinning area is very nice and quite large with numerous tables and booths in the main room as well as more tables near or in the kitchen.

They have a set menu that you can order, I believe it is four courses with two options for each course as well as a la carte menu. Nothing really jumped at planned dinner menu so we decided to order off the regular menu. They also handed what I would argue is the largest wine list I have ever seen. It was so large that I couldn't really get a feel for the wines. The Sommelier stopped by and after a few questions recommended a bottle for us that was very good.

We ordered an pizza special appetizer that we split. My wife orderd the prime rib special and I ordered their Cod dinner. The appetizer was pretty good. My cod dinner was very good. However, my wife's prime rib was not good. It was tough and she left more than half on the plate. When they came to take our plates and ask if she wanted it wrapped my wife told her no as it was tough and chewey. The person apologized but did not ask if something could be done to fix it etc. By this time it was getting late and so we decided not to mention this to the waiter.

Overall, the service, atmosphere and decor are quite nice. The food given my wife's experience was average at best. And for the prices they charge it is unacceptable to get an average food experience. I would probably not rush back there anytime soon for dinner. I would like to go back when the weather gets nicer and have some drinks and eat at the bar/outside at a lower price point. I hear it is very pretty in the spring/summer.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank jennfam5

Lebanon, New Jersey
“exceeds its reputation”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Very, very good, from top to bottom. Service excellent, food even better. Sommelier's suggestion of a wine was probably the best I've ever had at that price. Overall cost isn't cheap, but as a special-occasion restaurant, this is as good as it gets. We will return.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank David W
“fit for a king”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I can't tell you why the King of Morocco left his estate, but Richard Branson did a great job with changing his carriage house into a great restaurant!!! don't miss it!!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank michael v
“Fit for a king-ok, a prince!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Gorgeous grounds-once owned by Morroccan royalty, under the watchfulmeye of Sir RichRd Branson & others, was rehabbed, renovated, updated & turned into a lovely, trendy restaurant with amazing views of the property-now called Natirar-& owned by Somerset County. Waiters could be dressed nicer. Food-ya know, one of those places that tend to ruin the classics with odd fusions or add ons. Very pricey. Food ok. In the warmer months, it's a nice place to go for drinks-nice seating on the beautiful patio...

• Visited January 2014
East Hanover, New Jersey
“Beautiful setting, great food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here. It was recommended by a good friend. Food is very fresh, organic and the ambiance is beautiful.

1 Thank kamlung