“Excellent Ambiance and service + good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ninety Acres at Natirar

Ninety Acres at Natirar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ninety Acres at Natirar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Peapack
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old Dutch Rd. E
Description: The Natirar Estate, a nearly 500-acre site atop the mountains of Peapack, is the home of Ninety Acres Culinary Center, which consists of a cooking and wine school, and a restaurant offering unique and exciting menus featuring produce and livestock fresh from the estate farm. The restaurant, along with our private party facilities, redefines what a quality dining experience can and should be. We offer an a la carte menu in our dining rooms, a light bar menu in our bar and lounge areas, and the "Bring Me Food" experience, our interpretation of the tasting menu concept, exclusively in our kitchen dining area.
New Jersey
“Excellent Ambiance and service + good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Very good wine list. If you are a meat eater, don't miss the steak tartar and the Wagyu beef. Both were excellent!

• Visited December 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Utterly over-rated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Set in beautiful grounds, this lovely building houses a most disappointing food and service experience.

There are no quiet, intimate or cosy corners. In fact, it looks like a posh cafeteria; and a very noisy one too ! The music was too loud for us to make decent conversation. Perhaps some other party complained as it was, eventually, lowered.

Also, I was cold. I shivered throughout my meal.

The Maitre d'Hotel took his time to take our drinks order, and forever to take our food order. When I asked him about a specific cocktail drink, he presented me with a blank face.
None of us liked his attitude. The whole time, he behaved as if he was doing us a favour. We concorded that he was a lousy ambassador to the company he worked for.

My first course was a pasta dish. It was flavourless. I gave the other 3 diners a taste of it and they all agreed it was totally bland.
The duck I ordered was o.k but nothing special.
The only dish I enjoyed was the salty ice-cream. I thought it was interesting and innovative. No one else liked it though.

And, the toilet seat in the men's room was loose ! Says it all really...

In short, we were very disappointed. The bill did not reflect the quality of the food and service. It was way too pricy given the mediocrity of the experience.

I believe 99 Acres bases its reputation on its setting and architecture. Nothing else...

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank N H
New York City, New York
“First Class Ambience, Third Rate Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We started at the bar while waiting for our guests. The bartender was about as friendly as a ticket agent at the Port Authority. All business. Move move move. No smiling, and you feel rushed. And for the very high prices they charge, one would think that if your table is ready they could bring you the bar tab to your table. Not only was that not offered once our guests arrived, but the bartender screamed at me to make sure that I signed her check before I sat down to dine at the table. As for the food, I enjoyed the duck entree but my wife thought the risotto was tasteless. After dinner, we chose to have after dinner drinks outside on the patio by the fireplace. Bad move. They don't provide wait service even though many people congregate outside. Instead, if you want a drink, it's self service. So, you have to go back into the crowded bar inside and deal with Ms. Smiley again. Then you carry your own drinks! Sorry, my college days of waiting tables are long past. Seriously, if the RItz Carlton imposed that absurd policy, the person who came up with that idea would be fired. Before leaving we asked the manager why they didn't have wait service on the patio and he retorted, in an all-business fashion, "Because that's not what we do": His attitude mirrored the same rude and impertinent approach as the bartenders. For the prices and the unjustified wait to get a reservation, my advice is it's best to drive around and see the grounds for some nice scenery (especially during autumn), and then hightail out and have a great, first class dinner in Manhattan.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Gary F
Flemington, New Jersey
“Excellence in Every Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had an exceptional dining experience at Ninety Acres at Natirar this past weekend. From the ambience of the Somerset Hills, to the wonderfully prepared food, it was an evening to remember. After arriving at the front door(One most assuredly "arrives" here) after driving up the long winding and scenic drive, we entered a comfortable, modern space bustling with people very happy to be there. We got there a few minutes early and had a drink at the bar. Shortly after receiving our libations, we were ushered to our table next to a window with a beautiful view of the sweeping front landscape. Our waiters were happy to go through the menu in great detail, make recommendations if asked and described the philosophy of the "farm to table" dining concept. We ordered the Risotto special (for an appetizer) with parmesan and white truffles, which was just excellent. For our main courses, we ordered the Veal Chop with black truffles, polenta and eggplant ragout, and the Scallops with Braised Short Ribs. Both were cooked to perfection, flavorful and tender. We also ordered the Organic Quinoa with fresh vegetables as a side dish. Portion sizes were generous, to say the least. We brought home almost half of our meals and couldn't manage dessert, although I would have liked to try each and every one! Each and every course was delicious and the preparation was unique and visually appealing. We left with big smiles, full tummies and an agreement that we would return before the end of the year to enjoy another memorable evening at Ninety Acres. You can't go wrong here!

• Visited October 2013
Bradenton, Florida
“Exeptional Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

You first drive up this beautiful winding road through a park and come upon an extensively restored carriage house. Walk into one of the most beautifully decorated restaurants I have been in.

Great service and the food was exceptional. Beautiful place for any celebration.

• Visited October 2013