“Not As Good as I was Hearing”
Review of Toros Restaurant

Toros Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 197 Restaurants in Paterson
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
si
“Not As Good as I was Hearing”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The place is nice, clean, service was decent, but I eat at Turkish places quite often and I did not see anything to brag about. I thought it was a bit more overpriced than other places and the food not nearly as good as the inner mom and pop restaurants in Paterson. For example I had the mixed grill and it tasted like mixed rocks that it was overcooked and burned to a degree. No seasoning, bread was plain not traditional. In sum it was not a good dinner for us this night.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank aylin p

• Turkish first
Miami, Florida
“Are we talking about the same restaurant?”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was disappointed that the highest Trip Advisor ranked Middleastern restaurant in Paterson (and there are so many choices!) was just not good. My lunch started out promising with tasty red lentil soup but went downhill from there. The hummus and babaganoush could have been from the grocery store, the former lacking in tahini and the latter missing the roasted eggplant taste. The bread was unispired and the chicken was dry and bland. But the worst part of the meal was the spinach pie that was inedible because it had clearly been thrown in the micro wave - it arrived at the table a ridiculously hot, soggy mess.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 29Teddy
Paterson, New Jersey
“Very Nice Restaurant”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

If you're looking for authentic Turkish cuisine in the Clifton area, this is your place to go. Delicious here are the salads, hummus, and babaghanoush, as well as the main courses. The decor is really nice and you will feel like you're getting a lot of bang for your buck. All in all a pleasant experience!

• Visited December 2012
Clinton, New Jersey
“Terrific Turkish food.”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I wrote a review in 2009 and I thought I would update. The good news is this is still one of my favorite restaurants ever. The food is always delicious, service is always attentive and not over bearing. The best buy are the lunch specials-a real bang for your buck. I've had almost everything on the menu by now except for the lamb dishes since I don't like lamb. I just wish this place was closer to my house. I'd be here at least once a week.

• Visited January 2013
NEWARK, NJ
“Great Turkish Cuisine”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Two locations, the Hazel St location has great food and great ambience. Parking is available and easy located in a semi residential neighborhood. Nice wine selection.

Visited January 2012