“All the years Ive lived in this area....I never came to visit!!”
Review of Paterson Museum

Paterson Museum
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Paterson
Kinnelon, New Jersey
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“All the years Ive lived in this area....I never came to visit!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Alot of history in our very local area.....I have to admit I never went to this museum living only minutes away....was a very nice visit....learned quite a bit and of course our tour guide was very informative and very nice!.....Bruce! Thank you

Visited October 2011

WAYNE, NJ
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“many things to see”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

As a history buff, I was delighted to see all the things here. From Holland's sub, to Costello to Curtis Wright, it was terrific. Jack and Bruce are very knowledgeable and will to help every chance they get. A good day.

Newark, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“fun”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

thae paterson museum is a graet place to go while visiting paterson and just having fun

Los Angeles, California
972 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 928 helpful votes
“Great small size museum”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Museum ($3/adult) has great exhibits on the City of Paterson and the industries that used the falls-silk, locomotive factory, Writght Cyclone engines, etc. Worth a visit!

Dover, New Jersey
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“not ready for prime time.”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I visited on a Saturday and even though it was early, I saw no one around who was able to help - or even take my $2. Yes there were a few people there, but they seemed involved in whatever it was they were doing.

The exhibits are getting old and are not coordinated into a narrative, but are more or less whatever was donated.

Lighting was terrible and I was unable to see a framed map that I really wanted a better look at.

I hope things will get better now that a National Park Site is being developed. It can't get much worse.

Visited March 2012

Been to Paterson Museum? Share your experiences!