“Great Experience”

Cuisines: Seafood, Peruvian
New York City, New York
“Great Experience”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were visiting Paterson Falls on a freezing cold day, and popped in here to get some hot food. We weren't familiar with most of the menu, so our waitress helped us out and gave us great recommendations. I got an amazing seafood soup, my companions got a paella and seafood cau cau. We had the chachi morada and also the purple corn pudding/rice pudding mix. The guys tried the cocktails too. Other patrons were making their suggestions to us as well--apparently I have to try the Cristal beer next time! It had a very local vibe, but everyone made us feel right at home--we will definitely be going back.

Visited January 2014

“Great Spot”
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here with a friend. The selection is broad, food is wonderful and the servings are very generous, bordering on huge. Lots of families, informal atmosphere. Not inexpensive but well worth it.

Shreveport, Louisiana
“Terrific surprise”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were a little nervous when we walked into Griselda's for lunch - as tourists - because I have some food allergies and the diner-style atmosphere made me think I wouldn't be able to find anything on the menu to order. However, the first thing I noticed was that it was very clean, and the beautifully embroidered table-cloth under the glass-top said this was a place where the owners cared. The nearly all-Spanish menu meant we needed help deciding what to order, and I was glad, because when my son ordered pork fried rice, the waitress suggested I try the seafood fried rice. It came on a platter that could have fed two people. Piled high with crab, boiled shrimp, squid, and clams, it was fresh and excellent! My son really liked his pork fried rice and he’s very picky. My husband ordered a steak that came topped with two eggs, plantains, french fries and a little cucumber and lettuce (to make it not look so much like a "heart attack on a plate." He said his was good - but mine was definitely the best! Considering our trip to Paterson, NJ was followed by a few days in NYC eating at some of the city’s best restaurants… and I am still thinking about my lunch at Griselda’s… I think that says it all. It was restaurant and not diner prices - but well worth it. Will have to park elsewhere and walk.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank wendyscot
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
“James and ceviche feast”
Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

Have been going here for years and have converted several coworkers into Peruvian food lovers! I enjoy getting the "menu" (prefix) of the day because it ranges from all type of authentic dishes that includes either soup or appetizer and a canned beverage. If you order a la carte the dishes are of very generous portions.

Lexington, Kentucky
“Good peruvian food”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The food is good, nice and traditional, not the best but a very good one!
The pisco sour is good but very pricey!!!

• Visited January 2012